Performance for your application
What it does:
If you’re developing an application that has a problem to solve, a simulation to run, an image to analyse or any other task that turns data into information, Intel Parallel Studio XE will help your software to run faster, to help you do more complex work in the same amount of time, including big data analytics, machine learning applications, and time-critical financial analysis.
Intel Parallel Studio XE is a suite of tools that simplifies the design, building, verification, and tuning of applications that run in parallel including thread parallelism, vector parallelism, and MPI process parallelism. It helps to modernise your high performance, enterprise, computing and cloud application to enable faster, more scalable and portable parallel code.
- Lets you develop faster code to boost application performance.
- Harnesses the full potential of today’s and next-gen processors.
- Speeds the design process by identifying the issues blocking effective vectorization and suggesting solutions.
- Helps you code faster with a toolset that simplifies creating fast, reliable parallel code.
Includes: industry-leading compiler(s), libraries, parallel models, high-performance Python packages powered by native Intel Performance Libraries, vectorization and threading advisor, memory and threading debugger, performance profiler, and more.
Intel Parallel Studio XE comes in three editions based on your development needs:
- Composer Edition includes industry-leading Intel C/C++ and Fortran compilers and libraries, including the new Intel Data Analytics Acceleration Library, optimised for accelerated performance.
- Professional Edition includes powerful analysis tools to design, tune, and debug parallel code.
- Cluster Edition adds advanced MPI cluster development tools to create faster cluster applications.
- Write applications that scale with improved parallel performance on the latest Intel® Xeon® and Intel Core™ processors using Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 512 (Intel® AVX-512) instructions
- Gain greater scalability and reduce latency with next generation Intel® MPI Library
- Vectorise and thread your code (using OpenMP*) to take advantage of the latest SIMD-enabled hardware, including Intel AVX-512
- Speed up machine learning by enabling new high performance Python* optimisations with Intel® Distribution for Python* and Intel® Data Analytics Acceleration Library (Intel® DAAL)
- Stay up to date with the latest standards and integrated development environments (IDE):
- Full C++14 and expanded C++ 2017
- Full Fortran 2008 and partial Fortran 2018
- Python 2.7 and 3.6
- Full OpenMP 4.5 and initial OpenMP 5.0 draft
- Microsoft Visual Studio* 2017 integration
- Experience a new, more intuitive user interface and enhanced roofline analysis in Intel® VTune™ Amplifier. Run longer high-level performance analysis with the preview of Platform Profiler.
- Visualise parallelism using the rapid visual prototyping environment in the Flow Graph Analyzer component of Intel® Advisor. Use it to interactively build, validate, and visualise parallel algorithms.
- Accelerate data analysis and scientific computing with Intel® Distribution for Python*, now integrated into Intel® Parallel Studio XE.
- Access the latest Intel® Performance Libraries and Intel Distribution for Python via conda*, pip*, DockerHub*, APT GET, and YUM.
Intel Parallel Studio XE 2018 comes in three editions based on your development needs:
- Intel C++ Compiler - industry-leading C and C++ application performance with built-in advanced parallelism support with Intel Cilk Plus and OpenMP support.
- Intel Fortran Compiler - industry-leading Fortran application performance with extensive support for Fortran standards, OpenMP, and more.
- Intel Data Analytics Acceleration Library (Intel DAAL) - boost big data analytics and machine learning performance with easy-to-use library with a wide selection of pre-optimised advanced analytics algorithms.
- Intel Math Kernel Library - extensive and fastest C, C++, and Fortran compatible math library that uses standard APIs for simple code integration.
- Intel Integrated Performance Primitives - multi-core ready, optimised building blocks for large dataset problem processing and high-performance computing for current and future processors.
- Intel Threading Building Blocks - widely used C++ template library with rich set of components to efficiently implement higher-level, task-based parallelism.
- Intel OpenMP - implement scalable parallelism using OpenMP 4.0 standard and initial support for 4.1, plus support for Intel SSE and AVX. Compatible with all C, C++, and Fortran compilers using standard APIs for simple code integration.
- Intel Cilk Plus - the simplest way to add scalable vector and task parallelism - using only three keywords. Vectorised and threaded for highest performance on all Intel and compatible processors.
- Rogue Wave IMSL Library - available as an add-on to Fortran based suites or Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016 Composer Edition for Fortran Windows with Rogue Wave IMSL.
The Professional Edition includes all of the functionality of the Composer Edition, plus:
- Intel VTune Amplifer XE - collect a rich set of data to tune CPU and GPU compute performance, multi-core scalability, Open MP, bandwidth, and more. Sort, filter, and visualise results for quick insight into performance bottlenecks and automate regression tests and collect data remotely using the powerful command line.
- Intel Advisor XE – two tools (Vectorisation Advisor and Threading Advisor) analyse, design, tune, and check your threading design before implementation, explore and test threading options without disrupting normal development and predict thread errors and performance scaling on systems with more cores.
- Intel Inspector XE - quickly find memory leaks and memory allocation errors, locate difficult-to-find threading errors like data races and deadlocks and detect out of bounds accesses and dangling pointers.
The Cluster Edition includes all of the functionality of the Composer and Professional Editions, plus:
- Intel MPI Library - performance-optimised MPI Library with sustained scalability: low latencies, higher bandwidth, and increased processes, with full hybrid support for multi-core and many-core systems.
- Intel Trace Analyzer and Collector - powerful MPI communications profiling and analysis with low overhead and effective visualisation to quickly find bottlenecks and achieve high performance for parallel cluster applications.
Supports multiple generations of Intel and compatible processors including, but not limited to, Intel Core processors, Intel Xeon processors, and Intel Xeon Phi coprocessors.
Windows, Linux and OS X (OS X developers can choose between the C++ or Fortran versions of the Composer Edition).
Development tools and environments
Windows: Integrates into Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, 2012, and 2013
Linux: Compatible with GNU tools
OS X: XCode
Compatible with compilers from Microsoft, GCC, Intel C, C++, C#, Fortran, Java, ASM.