Other product variants may be available, please contact us or
request a call back
if you cannot see what you are looking for.
Aqua Data Studio is a complete Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for database developers. It provides four major areas of functionality: 1) Database query and administration tools; 2) a suite of compare tools for databases, source control and file systems; 3) a complete and integrated source control client for Subversion (SVN) and CVS; and 4) a database modeler as powerful as the best standalone database diagramming tools.
New features in v9
Open APIs and AquaScripts
AquaScripts are executed within ADStudio using the Mozilla Rhino engine. The AquaScript language itself is standardised by Standard ECMA-357 ECMAScript for XML (E4X): A general purpose, cross-platform programming language. Any script executed has full access to the Java API in addition to the Aqua Open API. Scripts may also access any other proprietary or Open Source Java libraries included in the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) classpath.
New database support: Netezza
Native support has been added for Netezza 5.0 & 6.0.
ER model enhancements
- New Function Series 'Average': The new function, Average, sums all values in a series and divides that sum by the total number of rows/samples.
- New Chart Type 'Map': The new chart type, Map, presents a flat world map with country outlines.
Table and index partitioning
- Generate ER Model HTML Report: Produces a set of HTML pages that contains a report on all of the Tables, Views, Relationships, Indexes and Regions in the model
- ER Model Fit Width/Fit Height: ER Modeler print preview now have a 'Fit Width' and 'Fit Height' option to quickly resize view to a more desirable layout
- ER Model Schema Grouping: ER Modeler now has an option for Schema Folder Grouping which allows the user to view the model object categorised by the schema of the objects
- ER Model Display Nullable Columns: ER Modeler now has an option to display NULL and NOT NULL for table columns
- ER Model Table Object Properties Column Comments: ER Modeler now allows viewing of Column Comments in the Table Object Properties
- ER Model Script From Diagram Include Comments: ER Modeler now allows including comments when a script is generated from a model.
- Table Partitioning DDL Generation: Within Aqua Data Studio 9.0, right-click on a Table in the Schema Browser and select Script Object to Window -> CREATE (Full) from the pop-up menu to generate DDL scripts with table partitioning information
- Index Partitioning DDL Generation: Right-click on an Index in the Schema Browser and select Script Object to Window -> CREATE (Full) from the pop-up menu to generate DDL scripts with index partitioning information
- Enhanced Visual Editing of Index Attributes: When visually editing Indexes (CREATE or ALTER), ADStudio now has an Options tab providing better usability and additional index management features
- MySQL Indexes may be created that use the leading part of column values, using col_name(length) syntax to specify prefix length. Prefixes may be specified for CHAR, VARCHAR, BINARY, VARBINARY, BLOB & TEXT columns. For BLOB & TEXT columns a prefix length must be provided
- Added a permission for SQL Debugger. Determines if a user may open the SQL Debugger on any procedure on this connection
- Aqua Data Studio now supports a 'Recently Opened' menu item in the File menu
- SVN Commit : You may now multi select objects, right mouse click and check/uncheck objects
- The Query Results Pane now allows the user to rearrange the result type tabs (Text, Grid, Pivot Grid, Form, etc) in the order desired.
The database query and administration tools allow developers to easily create, edit, and execute SQL scripts, as well as browse and visually modify database structures. Aqua Data Studio provides an integrated database environment with a consistent interface for all major relational databases. This allows the database administrator or developer to tackle multiple tasks simultaneously from a single application.
- Query Tool
- SQL History/Archive
- SQL Debuggers
- SQL Formatters
The suite of compare tools in Aqua Data Studio allows you to view the differences of RDBMS servers, databases and schemas for database tasks with ease. You can further compare the differences of files, directory structures, source control files and full revisions.
- Database Schema Compare
- Query Results Compare
- Directory Compare
- File Compare
Integrated version control provides a complete client for Subversion and CVS repositories, allowing you to manage all source control repositories within one easy-to-use IDE using the Repository Browser.
The Entity-Relationship Modeler vastly reduces development time and increases understanding of database schemas and relationships. You can create, explore, detail, and modify database schemas to create fully editable and scriptable diagrams of database relationships and objects.
- ER Modeler - Create, Edit and View database schema relationships using entity relationship diagrams.
One licence of Aqua Data Studio provides one user native support for a range of database vendors in addition to generic JDBC/ODBC connection to any number of additional database vendors. A single user may install the software on as many as two machines simultaneously with any combination of supported operating systems. All bundled functionality and multi-language support is available in one installer.
A licence comes with a one year subscription. Subscriptions include customer support, maintenance and upgrades to Aqua Data Studio. When a subscription expires, the licensed user retains a perpetual license for the last version upgrade received. Subscriptions may be renewed at any time. Upon renewal, the new expiration date is extended one year beyond the previous expiration date, regardless of when the licence is renewed.
Subscriptions provide access to customer support, maintenance and upgrades to the purchased software products. An initial purchase of the software product includes a one-year subscription, which may be renewed yearly at 35% of the then current new-license price published on the AquaFold website. When a subscription expires, the licensed user retains a perpetual license to the last version upgrade received. Subscriptions may be renewed at any time. Upon renewal, the new expiration date is extended one year beyond the previous expiration date, regardless of when the license is renewed.
- ADS for Windows
- ADS for Linux
- ADS for OSX
- ADS for Solaris
- ADS for Java Platform
- Oracle - 11g, 10g, 9i, 8i
- DB2 iSeries V5R3, V5R4, V6R1, V7R1
- DB2 LUW - 9.7/9.x/8/7
- DB2 z/OS - V8/V9
- MS SQL Server - 2008/2005/2000/7/MSDE
- Sybase ASE - 15.5/15/12.x/11.x
- Sybase Anywhere - 11/10/9/8
- Sybase IQ - 12.x, 15
- Teradata 12/13
- Aster nCluster 4.0/4.5
- Netezza 5.x/6.x
- Informix IDS - 11.x/10/9.x/7.x
- PostgreSQL - 9.x/8.x/7.x
- MySQL - 5.x/4.x/3.x
- Apache Derby 10.x
- Generic JDBC
- Generic ODBC