Bing Maps Location Recognition API now available
Published: June 20, 2018
Microsoft has announced the new Bing Maps Location Recognition API has now moved from preview to Generally Available. The Bing Maps Location Recognition API is a high-powered reverse geocoding service that provides users with more context about what is nearby. The API helps answer questions such as:
- What are the businesses and points of interest near a real estate property that I am interested in buying?
- What is the address associated with a given lat/long?
- Is it a private residence?
- What neighbourhood am I in?
Given a location (lat/long) the Bing Maps Location Recognition API returns a list of entities at the location. The different components of the API response provide a comprehensive description of the location, consisting of:
- Business entities situated at the location – a wide variety of entity types are supported for example, restaurants, hotels, parks, gym, shopping malls and more
- Natural entities at the location such as beaches, island, lakes and 9 other types
- Reverse geocoded address of the input location, with neighborhood and street intersection information where available
- Type of property – residential, commercial – situated at the location
Try the Location Recognition API using your Bing Maps API key.
Contact our mapping specialists to discuss your use case and a licensing consultation: +44 (0)1364 655 133 or email: email@example.com