ISV and commercial app developers
Grey Matter has been helping Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) and commercial app developers with software licensing and developer tools for many years. More recently, thanks to customer feedback around your changing needs, we have expanded our support to include a range of services.
We’re here to ensure you can focus on creating great software and applications in a compliant manner, with the best tools possible. Let us take care of the hassle of software licensing, services and support, so you can get on with the fun stuff.
No matter what route you want to take with your business - on-premise, hybrid or cloud, we can help you whether you are a startup, or have been trading for years.
Grey Matter Services can provide an array of cloud, technical and support services to help or further enhance your on-premise, hybrid or cloud development. We know how to help you grow, scale, reduce costs and increase revenue. Take a look through our case studies to see how our cloud services have helped our customers achieve their business goals.
Rewrite for the cloud
Modernise your application to natively take advantage of many Azure services to increase your scalability, reduce costs and enable new functionality. Keep ahead of the competition. We are here to help you make the most of what Azure can offer.
You may want to re-architect a solution to a PaaS model if you have an ageing system or if you want to make use of the scalability available in the cloud.
Many companies are choosing to move to the cloud because of the numerous advantages it offers:
- No upfront platform costs
- Spread your budget over a longer length of time
- Pay for what you use
- Cloud automation
- Security best practices
- Strict data centre security
- UK and EU data centre to help with industry compliance
- High availability and disaster recovery
- Cloud platforms easily integrate with many other solutions and applications
Other technical services
As well as cloud-based services, we can help you in various other ways:
- Application design and re-architecture
- Hybrid infrastructure and identity integration
- Solution design, deployment, application delivery
- Backup, disaster recovery, and security
- End user training
- Health check
- Cognitive and AI integration
- Bing Maps and HERE Maps integration
- Workshops and events
Dealing with Grey Matter has been so beneficial that they're now our first point of contact for all our software/hardware queries. Extremely knowledgeable, helpful, and always quick to respond. I can't recommend them enough! David Jones, Phoebus
As experts in developer tools we can help you get the most out of your investment with training and additions that can enhance your development, as well as capabilities that can improve end user experience and app functionality.
- Free technical consultations
- Support on making the right choice with various types of developer tools
Free workshops and events
We host and co-run a variety of events, big and small, every year. We have hosted Cloud and DevOps workshops, Visual Studio events, hands-on workshops, as well as hosted stands at big exhibitions to meet customers.
View our upcoming events here.
- Steema Software (TeeChart)
- Sapien Technologies
- ComponentOne Studio
- Software FX Chart FX
- Xceed Data Manipulation Suite
- Mindscape WPF Elements
- RemObjects Data Abstract
- Mindscape LightSpeed
- Progress DataDirect Connect
Technical blog about the latest developments in software, development and cloud technologies.Read the latest posts now
Licensing and advice
Our friendly and knowledgeable account managers can advise on and provide software licensing for on-premise, hybrid or cloud.
We see ourselves as an extension of your IT team, there to help deal with the boring "admin" and leaving you to focus on growing your business. We offer:
- Free consultation and advice on licensing and renewals
- Licensing and renewals for various software products - ranging from technical, development, business and design
- Free trials, training, and support
We have ISV specific licensing schemes, saving you money and making compliance easy.
ISV Royalty Licensing Program
The ISV Royalty Licensing Program is for ISVs that embed Microsoft software into their on-premise solution.
Benefits of the scheme include:
- License invoicing paid in arrears
- Increased profitability due to reduced license costs
- Spread your horizons and deliver unified solutions to customers worldwide
- Be more productive by providing a complete solution reducing installation and administration needs
- End users benefit from access to a complete solution from one source
- Access to a reporting template for all deployed licenses for simplified reporting
- Option to add Embedded Maintenance, which when purchased with a license allows a 12-month next version upgrade cover.
- 48 month extended sale period after EOL notice
There are a wide range of products included in this program, including Microsoft SQL Server, Dynamics 365, Windows Remote Desktop Services (RDS), Office Pro Plus, BizTalk Server, SharePoint Server, and Microsoft Exchange Server.
As the UK and Ireland’s only Microsoft ISV Distributor, Grey Matter can help clarify whether you are eligible for the scheme and support you throughout setup and use of the program. We can help you with any licensing or technical queries you may have regarding this program. There is no monetary commitment to join the ISV Royalty Program.
Hosting your application can help you to scale, reduce hardware costs and reduce system administration tasks.
If you have legacy applications that you want to be available for your end users from any platform through Software-as-a-Service, then we have several solutions and services that can meet these needs. These solutions can also be applied if you have multiple offices or remote employees that all need to have secure access to certain business applications.
If you are hosting software services, with the Microsoft Service Provider License Agreement (SPLA) Program, you can license eligible products monthly.
Benefits of the scheme include:
- Low starting cost: pay monthly for licences when you have made them available
- No long-term commitments: simply remove licences when they are no longer needed
- Help cash flow: licences are reported and paid for in arrears
- Hosting options: whether you use Azure or another data centre provider, it’s your choice
We also offer a SPLA program for Parallels Remote Application Server (RAS) too, which links in well with the Microsoft SPLA Program. Parallels Remote Application Server SPLA is licensed based on the peak number of concurrent users over a billing period. This information is automatically collected daily from each farm and is used to calculate the licensing cost at the end of a billing cycle.
As a Direct and Indirect Microsoft Cloud Solution Provider, Grey Matter can help you to move your workloads and your end user’s workloads to the cloud, where you can take advantage of scalability, monthly pricing, flexible licensing and great support.
As part of our Grey Matter CSP program for ISVs, you will be able to use our cloud automation platform GMCirrus™, to manage your Azure, Dynamics 365 and Office 365 licences.
Grey Matter has been an invaluable partner for several years now. Always helpful always knowledgeable always have time for us despite us being one of their smaller clients.Bob Barrett, iTechIT Limited
GMCirrus™ cloud automation from Grey Matter
Our cloud automation and marketplace platform, GMCirrus™, enables you to easily buy and manage Microsoft CSP subscriptions along with other Cloud applications, leaving you to focus on your customers and core business.
At an additional charge, you can also have a bespoke branded Cloud Portal allowing you to create your own storefront where you can give your customers self-service, sell your own products/services, bill your customers and take payments.Go to the GMCirrus™ platform
We can refer you to our legal partner, who specialise in technology law, especially regarding software, resale, managed services, and professional services as well as licensing arrangements. They work with companies of different sizes, advising, drafting and negotiating the day-to-day commercial and corporate contracts at affordable costs. They have a niche in the Microsoft world but also cover areas such as cybersecurity as well as other Software Asset Management and Independent Software Vendor offerings.
We offer finance packages on software and services to you or your customers through our trusted leasing partner. Whether it's to speed up cash flow, fix project costs or for tax deduction purposes our partner will have a product to fit.
There are additional special licensing and discounts available for startups and other organisations for a range of the solutions that we provide.