"Thank you for the excellent advice and support you provide on the licensing related questions that get sent your way. "
"I like having one on one contact with my account manager. I'm very grateful to Grey Matter for organising everything. They took away all the hassle."
"I use Grey Matter because they understand the products they sell. I have always received answers, even to my most technical questions. They score a big plus on that over other 'box shifting' companies."
With an increasingly busy office we are conscious of the growing effect we have on the environment and the company is trying to do its bit to reduce its carbon footprint.
Our electricity is supplied by a renewable supplier who only uses Biogen and Hydro energy supplies. Biogen is energy from recycled food waste and Hydro is energy from falling or fast moving water. This means that the electricity we use produces no CO2 emissions or radioactive waste.
The below are some of the solutions we have implemented to ensure our impact is kept at a minimum.
- Using virtualisation technology on our servers (since the late 1990s), and recently moving many of our line-of-business applications to the cloud and Office 365, resulting in fewer servers and lower power usage.
- We have switched our invoice processing to an automated process, meaning we no longer have to print every order. This has contributed to a 37% reduction in our printing costs.
- We have moved to a single printer/photocopier to control toner usage and have reduced paper wastage by requiring users to print on collection.
- We have installed low energy lighting, water saving toilets and showers and ensured any new heaters have thermostats.
- Computers are all set to power off overnight if left on standby so we can keep our energy usage as low as possible.
- We have a wide range of recycling bins for paper, cardboard, plastic, aluminium and glass so we can ensure we recycle as much as possible.
- Recycling paper by creating new ‘green’ notepads from non-confidential paper that has only been printed on one side.