Vranger Professional [Commercial - Renewal (24x7) (1-Year) Per CPU - Electronic *Non-Returnable*]
Pricing for this product is available on request. Please click the "Call me" button to request a call back.
Our Part #: 888965 |
delivered via Email
Please note the following product purchase requirements:
- This Product Is Non-Returnable*
vRanger provides backup and recovery capabilities for VMware virtual environments and physical Windows servers. Get fast, affordable and scalable protection that's easy to use and easy to manage. vRanger supports VMware ESX and ESXi systems and can backup and restore any guest VM supported by VMware. vRanger is available in two editions: vRanger Standard Edition provides simple and fast data protection for small virtual environments and vRanger Pro adds improved scalability and disaster recovery capabilities for any size virtual or physical Windows environment.
- Easy to learn and use
- Takes minutes to configure and start protecting the environment
- Efficient, agentless architecture for protecting virtual and physical environments
- Comprehensive protection for both virtual and physical environments that can be managed from one simple interface
- Automated virtual appliance deployment through Static IP support.
- Employs fastest I/O path available, ensuring high-speed performance with minimal disruption to production systems
- Multi-threaded processing executes multiple operations in parallel to reduce backup job windows and replication job windows
- Patented Active Block Mapping (ABM) reduces amount of data transferred to only changed blocks with active data, significantly reducing backup/replication job windows, network utilisation and storage requirements.
- Comprehensive resource-allocation control ensures data protection operations complete optimally with minimal impact on production systems and networks
- Increased scalability through optional Virtual Appliance, which includes a simple deployment of Linux, and DHCP support, and distributes job execution while providing centralised control on the vRanger server
- A single vRanger Virtual Appliance can support a cluster of hosts for scalable protection
- EMC Data Domain Boost integration reduces network load, improves backup performance, and reduces backup storage requirements.
- NetVault SmartDisk vRanger Edition provides enterprise-class deduplication at an SMB price. Its industrial-strength, byte-level, variable-block-size deduplication is built on a hardware-agnostic architecture, making it easy to expand capacity.
Efficient Backup and Recovery
- VMware Ready certification ensures seamless integration and support for vSphere APIs, features, performance and scalability
- vSphere 5 vMotion support ensures vRanger automatically protects VMs as they move from one host to another, even when backup jobs are running.
- Support for vSphere 5 vMotion ensures vRanger follows VM storage disks when they are relocated to different data stores, and locks VM storage disks when vRanger accesses the disks during a job.
Robust and Flexible Disaster Recovery
- One centralised installation provides VMware ESX and ESXi backup across your entire vSphere environment
- Native cataloging efficiently indexes file metadata for easy search recovery
- Offloads applications, host operations, and the network by leveraging the virtual infrastructure
- Automatically backs up new virtual machines as new resource objects are provisioned.
Virtualised application support
- Replicate virtual machines for flexible and cost-effective off-site disaster recovery preparedness
- Combine backup and replication jobs to ensure you meet your organization¿s SLAs for recovery-time and recovery-point objectives
- Ensure ESX and ESXi replication across your entire vSphere environment with one centralized installation
- Perform quick recovery on site or at remote sites.
- Agentless implementation of Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) ensures application-consistent snapshots for critical transactional servers with the option to truncate application logs
- Image-level backups are compatible with object-level and application-specific recovery with Quest Recovery Manager for Exchange and Recovery Manager for SharePoint.
- Unicode support ensures functionality in multi-byte environments.
vRanger Pro (Backup and Replication)
- VMware ESX and ESXi backup and recovery - flexible, fast and reliable ESX and ESXi backup and disaster recovery
- VMware-Ready certified for vSphere 5 - VMware tested and certified, fully compliant with VMware¿s latest platform
- Patented active block mapping to save storage space - backs up only active data to save storage space.
All the features of vRanger Standard, plus:
- VMware ESX and ESXi replication - on-site and off-site replication for flexible and reliable disaster recovery
- Physical server backup and recovery - flexible, fast and reliable physical Windows server backup and recovery
- Scalable virtual appliance architecture - supports clusters and increases scalability with central control and reporting on the vRanger server
- EMC DD Boost - get faster backups to EMC Data Domain systems
- Enterprise-class deduplication with optional SmartDisk - vRanger edition - reduce backup storage requirements by up to 90% or more with enterprise-class deduplication
- Integrated native catalog with wildcard search - simple, fast three step restore
- Linux file-level restore - recover individual files instead of entire Windows servers
- LAN-free disk transport - high-speed data handing for shorter job execution times.
Note: FLR supported on Windows and Linux (vRanger Pro, only) guest VMs and on Windows 2003 & Windows 2008 physical servers.
Supported VMware platforms
- ESX(i) Server - 4.0 Update 3, 4.0 Update 4, 4.1, 4.1 Update 1, 4.1 Update 2, 5.0, 5.0 Update 1.
- vCenter - 4.1 Update 2, 5.0, 5.0 Update 1.
- VCB - VCB integration is not supported in this release.
HotAdd functionality requires VMware Enterprise or higher licensing. HotAdd is not supported on VMware Standard hosts.
Please note: Support for backup on ESXi requires VMware¿s vStorage API. The vStorage API is not available with the free version of ESXi Server. Please be sure to have the appropriate platform licensing level before attempting ESXi backups.
- CPU - Dual core, minimum number: 2
- RAM - 2 GB
- Storage - At least 4 GB free hard disk space.
Requires a physical or virtual machine running one of the following OSes:
- vRanger 5.2.0 - Windows 2003 Server SP2 (x86 or x64), Windows 2003 R2 (x86 or x64), Windows Vista Business or Ultimate (x86 or x64), Windows Server 2008 SP2 (x86 or x64), Windows 7 (x86 or x64), Windows 2008 R2 (x64).
- vRanger 5.3.0 - Vista Business SP2 (x86 or x64), Windows 7 SP1 (x86 or x64), Windows 2003 Server SP2 (x86 or x64), Windows 2003 R2 SP2 (x86 or x 64), Server 2008 SP2 (x86 or x64), Windows 2008 R2 SP1 (x64).
- vRanger 5.4.0 - Vista Business SP2 (x86 or x64), Windows 7 SP1 (x86 or x64), Windows 2003 Server SP2 (x86 or x64), Windows 2003 R2 SP2 (x86 or x 64), Windows Server 2008 SP2 (x86 or x64), Windows 2008 R2 SP1 (x64).
- vRanger 6 - Windows 2003 Server SP2 (x86 or x64), Windows 2003 R2 SP2 (x86 or x 64), Windows Server 2008 SP2 (x86 or x64), Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (x86 or x64).