Websense Email Security provides advanced protection from converged email and Web 2.0 threats through multiple layers of real-time Web and data security intelligence. Websense Email Security also makes it easy to manage outbound data leaks and compliance risk.
Websense Email Security provides:
- Increased protection with security from converged email and Web 2.0 threats, backed by the power of the Websense ThreatSeeker Network
- Enforced outbound compliance and data loss protection with granular and highly accurate content filtering to help organisations achieve better corporate governance
- Improved visibility through powerful reporting that includes a customisable dashboard to monitor email usage, interactive drill-down reports, and automatic report scheduling and delivery.
Integrated Threat Protection
- Leading protection from converged email and Web 2.0 threats - The market-leading Websense URL database is updated in real time to ensure proactive protection against converged email and Web 2.0 threats.
- Layered antivirus protection - Powered by the ThreatSeeker Network zero-hour technologies and antivirus engines to provide extensive, integrated threat protection from one vendor.
- Powerful antispam protection - Websense Email Security uses antispam protection that takes advantage of in-depth knowledge of Web and email-borne attacks. Extensive security research and intelligence gives Websense Email Security customers a solution that protects from converged threats.
Outbound Compliance and Data Loss Prevention
- Shared reputation intelligence - Websense Email Security integrates the reputation intelligence of the Websense hosted infrastructure and market-leading Web security products to provide deep connection-level management on incoming email to reduce server load and ensure comprehensive zero-hour protection.
- Compliance dictionaries and rules - Out-of-the-box HIPAA, GLBA, PCI, and state data privacy rules, with over 100 pre-packaged dictionaries in 12 languages, makes it easy to meet compliance requirements. Configurable dictionaries and lexical analysis allow administrators to define what is proprietary and prevent sensitive data loss. Policy-based encryption provides the flexibility to encrypt emails based on content, sender or destination.
- Data Security Suite integration - Organizations can guard against costly and embarrassing data loss by integrating with the leading solution, Websense Data Security Suite, available separately. It provides deep content inspection for outbound emails to ensure confidential data doesn¿t end up in the wrong inbox.
- Visibility through reporting - Websense Email Security reporting delivers unmatched visibility of email usage and related threats. With a customizable dashboard, interactive drilldown reports, automatic scheduling and emailing of reports and secure, delegated access to reports, Websense Email Security reporting provides technical staff and business managers alike with the visibility they need to take control of email use.
Websense Virtual Image Agent:
- Websense Hybrid Email Security - Websense Hybrid Email Security combines Websense Hosted Email Security in the cloud, and Websense Email Security at the gateway. This layered, hybrid deployment saves bandwidth and storage space, and ensures a level of predictability by filtering out the bulk of spam outside of the corporate network.
The Virtual Image Agent (VIA) is a powerful tool that can filter explicit adult images from email traffic and help reduce potential legal liabilities. Using intelligent scanning technology, it classifies images and handles them in accordance with an organisation¿s email acceptable use policy.
Websense Antivirus Agent
The Antivirus Agent (AVA) uses virus scanning software from McAfee to
protect an organisation¿s email server and network from email-borne viruses. AVA complements the two antivirus solutions included with Websense Email Security to provide powerful protection from malware.