The Veeam Management Pack (MP) adds powerful VMware monitoring, management and capacity planning to Microsoft System Center. It helps to ensure complete visibility of both your physical and virtual infrastructures and applications from one console. It supports all System Center functionality including alerts, diagrams, dashboards, reporting, auditing, notifications, responses and automation for all VMware components, including vCenter Server, clusters, hosts, virtual machines, storage and hardware.
What's new in Veeam Management Pack v7?
Veeam Management Pack (MP) v7 for System Center provides app-to-metal visibility of VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V and Veeam Backup & Replication environments. The latest version of Veeam Management Pack adds innovative new management features including:
- Support for Hyper-V, with the same functionality that Veeam MP has for vSphere
- In-context dashboards and a unique customizable widget library
- Capacity planning for hybrid cloud environments
- Host Security Profile reporting for vSphere
- Auto-deployment of Veeam Collectors for vSphere
- Veeam Task Manager for Hyper-V – real-time Hyper-V Host and VM metrics
- Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication for Hyper-V.
Veeam MP enables all System Center functionality:
- Alerts, diagrams, dashboards, reporting, auditing, notifications, responses and automation - for all VMware components, including vCenter Server, clusters, hosts, virtual machines, storage and hardware.
- Built-in thresholds, graphs, and reports that provide a ready-to-use detailed health model with hundreds of metrics and events, including memory pressure, disk pressure and disk IOPS that are unique to Veeam MP.
- A comprehensive VMware Knowledge Base that serves as your VMware 'expert in a box', empowering front-line monitoring staff and reducing problem resolution time.
Monitoring capabilities include:
- 200+ performance metrics - including CPU, memory, disk and network I/O for Cluster, Resource Pool, Host and VM.
- 850+ events - including Host, VM, Resource Pool and Cluster status, VM migrations and deployment, licensing, storage and network availability.
These reports provide guidance to reallocate resources for VMs that are oversized, helping you run a more efficient datacenter.
24x7 delivery of critical monitoring data
Rich and detailed information on the status of vCenter Server, vSphere hosts and virtual machines is continuously delivered, using a distributed architecture with automated high availability and load balancing.
Scalable deployment and centralised management
Multiple, distributed collectors can be scaled to monitor even the largest VMware environments. A centralised web console simplifies configuration, license management and upgrade procedures.
Secure and agentless data collection
Veeam MP uses best practice API methods to collect event, topology and performance information from the virtual infrastructure. No agent software is required on vSphere hosts or in VMs, eliminating overhead, risk and limited lifespan of an agent running in the hypervisor. Data is encrypted and communicated securely over HTTPS.