The following VMware vCloud products are available:
VMware vCloud Automation
Rapidly deploy and provision cloud services across private and public clouds, physical infrastructures, hypervisors and public cloud providers with VMware vCloud Automation Center. vCloud Automation Center allows authorised users access to standardised IT services through a secure self-service portal, acting as a service governor and helping enforce business and IT policies throughout the service lifecycle.
Evolve existing infrastructure, including virtual desktop environments, into scalable cloud services in days so you can respond to business demands quickly and economically while realising faster time-to-cloud value.
VMware vCloud Director
Orchestrate the provisioning of software-defined datacenter services as complete virtual datacenters that are ready for consumption in a matter of minutes. Virtual datacenters provide virtualised compute, networking, storage and security. Administrators can provision the complete set of services necessary to make workloads operational in minutes. Software-defined datacenter service and the virtual datacenters fundamentally simplify infrastructure provisioning and enable IT to move at the speed of business.
VMware vCloud Networking and Security
VMware vCloud Networking and Security is the leading software-defined networking and security solution that enhances operational efficiency, unlocks agility and enables extensibility to rapidly respond to business needs. It provides a broad range of services in a single solution, including virtual firewall, VPN, load balancing and VXLAN extended networks.
VMware vCloud Suite
The VMware vCloud Suite is a complete, integrated cloud infrastructure solution that simplifies IT operations while delivering the best SLAs for all applications. It helps realise the agility, efficiency and intelligent operations management of cloud computing.
VMware vCloud Standard
VMware vCloud Advanced
- vSphere provides a virtualised infrastructure with policy-based automation
- vCloud Director & vCloud Connector Advanced Edition for virtualised datacenters with multi-tenancy and public cloud extensibility
- Supports software defined networking, security and ecosystem integration.
VMware vCloud Enterprise
- All of the capabilities of vCloud Standard
- Advanced continuous availability, firewall and networking capabilities
- Supports host configuration compliance
- Performance and capacity optimisation with analytics, dashboards and alerting
- Supports application awareness with discovery dependency mapping
- Supports chargeback for metered utilisation reporting and accountability.
- All of the capabilities of vCloud Advanced
- vCloud Automation Center for provisioning and monitoring of IT services
- vFabric Application Director for automated configuration and deployment of cloud applications
- vCenter Site Recovery Manager for automated disaster recovery planning, testing and execution
- Supports application monitoring - OS, middleware and databases
- Supports storage adapters for EMC Symmetrix and Netapp
- Supports VM Configuration Compliance - vSphere host change and configuration.