MAXQDA can help you with systematic analysis and interpretation of your text. The main focus is qualitative analysis: you can import files, organise them in document groups, develop a system of categories, code segments of your documents, write and organise memos, take advantage of various search functions and present your research visually with MAXMaps. The MAXQDA+ version of the software also includes the module MAXDictio, which allows you to also do quantitative analysis.
MAXQDA is a state-of-the-art instrument for professional text analysis. With four work areas in MAXQDA you can manage, evaluate and interpret your qualitative data (for example interviews or other texts). It is also a powerful tool for developing theories and testing the theoretical conclusions of the analysis.
It is the number one choice for researchers and research institutions from a wide range of scientific disciplines, such as in Sociology, Political Science, Psychology, Public Health, Anthropology, Education, Marketing, Economics and Urban Planning.
The clearly structured main screen of MAXQDA is divided into four main windows which reflect essential management work areas in the process of qualitative data analysis:
- the complete data set (¿Text groups¿ window)
- the code- or category system (¿Code system¿ window)
- the single text, always directly accessible (¿Text Browser¿ window)
- the field for performing basic and complex searches, theoretical concept verification (¿Retrieved Segments¿ window).
While reading your texts in the document browser of MAXQDA you can allocate codings to different passages in your text. You can also create Memos to keep track of your ideas.
MAXQDA distinguishes itself from other text analysis tools through its high efficiency and stability, its elaborate functionality and its user friendliness. The program¿s simplicity does not, however, imply a lack of sophistication: MAXQDA proves that high technical standard and power can be combined with simple and intuitive use. This strength is in large part due to the following characteristics:
- clear and neat program structure
- extensive and differentiated functions combined with a unique and highly-advanced visualisation available for the processes of coding, memo-writing and browsing, and
- seamless integration into the world of MS Office and MS Internet Explorer.
MAXQDA+ is the extended version of our world leading software for computer-assisted qualitative data analysis. The software for content analysis, MAXDictio, is a fully integrated part of MAXQDA+, which makes it especially suitable for projects working with mixed methods approaches. Moreover you will find the powerful graphics tool MAXMaps as a fully integrated component of MAXQDA+.