Intuitive User Interface - Makes managing VIPRE easy! Quickly select or schedule scans, check for current definition updates, customize how patches are applied and much more.
- Defends against Zero-day threats by protecting web browsers and their components against drive-by download attacks and known and unknown exploit kits.
- Scans your Facebook page for bad links that could infect PCs with malware like viruses and Trojans, or expose you and your friends to other online threats.
- Helps you browse the web safely by identifying links that could infect your PC with viruses, Trojans or other online threats.(Available for Microsoft Internet Explorer versions 8 or later.)
- Defends against the most common cause of infections – vulnerable software – by automatically updating programs on your PC.
VIPRE Easy Install
- Ensures a smooth, trouble-free installation process by eliminating possible Internet security software conflicts.
- Protects against incoming and outgoing Internet traffic quickly and easily with customizable settings for advanced users.
- Filters unwanted email from your inbox and safeguards against spam, phishing scams and malicious URLs.
All-in-One PC Security
- Detects and removes viruses, spyware, rootkits, bots, Trojans and all other types of malware.
Bad Website Blocker
- Blocks access to malicious websites containing computer Internet security threats to prevent you from inadvertently browsing to them.
High-Performance Anti-Malware Engine
- Combines advanced antivirus and anti-spyware technologies to provide complete security that doesn't slow down your PC.
Real-Time Monitoring and Protection
Uses multiple detection methods to monitor and protect against web threats – including Zero-day attacks – in real time.
Removable Device Scanning
- Automatically scans USB flash drives and other removable drives and files for threats when connected to your PC.
Advanced Anti-Rootkit Technology
- Finds and disables hard-to-remove malware that gains unauthorized access to and hides deep within your PC.
Email Virus Protection
- Protects against email viruses and computer Internet security threats in Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, and any email program using POP3 and SMTP.
Secure File Eraser
- Adds an “Erase Files' option to your Windows Explorer menu to permanently delete all traces of a file.
- Removes browsing and search histories, including the history stored by many popular applications.
Hardware and Operating Systems
To run VIPRE Internet Security features effectively, you need a PC-compatible computer with at least 1 GB of RAM and 1 GB of hard-drive space running 32- or 64-bit versions of either:
- Windows XP Service Pack 3
- Windows Vista Service Pack 1
- Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 (Note: Windows 10 Anniversary Edition support coming soon.)
Newer service packs are also supported.
Internet connection (broadband recommended) required to install product.
Note: SSL and TLS security protocols are only supported with Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Outlook Express, and Windows Mail.
Supported email clients
(applies to email PC internet security protection):
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 or newer, including Outlook 2013
- Outlook Express on Windows XP
- Windows Mail on Windows Vista
Other email products that use SMTP/POP3 for sending and receiving messages, including Windows Live Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird, and many others.
Product and company names are trademarks and registered trademarks of their respective owners.