Other product variants may be available, please contact us or
request a call back
if you cannot see what you are looking for.
TechSmith Relay makes it easy to turn presentations and lectures into reusable, sharable videos that anyone can view. The enterprise-wide screen recording makes all of the technical decisions at a central server, making it easy for users to publish recordings. Formats available include web and iPod video (MP4), audio-only (MP3), Windows Media (WMV), RealMedia and more. Recordings can be watched anywhere - on a computer, a laptop, iPod or a mobile device.
What's new in TechSmith Relay 4?
- Webcam support - simultaneously record webcam video and screen video during your presentations and let your audience see you and hear you
- Publish to YouTube - export your presentation directly to YouTube with just a click
- Global caption editor - the new global caption editor means anyone can add the captions to any presentation
- Usage data reporter - helps send anonymous usage data back to TechSmith so they can improve key areas, you can opt out of participating at any time
- Lion support - new support for OS X Lion with TechSmith Relay 3.1 or later
- New video codec - the new video codec captures smaller video and audio files that equal less CPU usage on your computer, resulting in a machine that performs well even when you¿re recording
- TechSmith Fuse - the mobile app for recording camera video with your Apple device works with TechSmith Relay 3.1 or later.
Flexible content creation
- Get a high-quality video, every time. Before recoding even starts, Camtasia Relay prompts you to choose which monitor and microphone to use, gives you the option to add captions you can edit later, turn speech-to-text, and more.
- Don¿t worry about forgetting to record. When you open PowerPoint, Camtasia Relay automatically asks you if you¿d like to capture your presentation.
- Relax, automatic notifications tell you when your video is available so you don't have to monitor production progress.
- Record on a Mac or Windows computer anytime, anywhere. You can even incorporate webcam video to add yourself to the presentation.
- Enjoy the freedom of the portable recorder and record on any computer, then send to the server later.
- Choose how much you want to edit. Simple trimming is available in Camtasia Relay, or you can send your recording to Camtasia Studio or Camtasia for Mac for a full video editing suite.
- Easily share your TechSmith Relay recordings to familiar places such as YouTube, Blackboard, Moodle, iTunes U, and more.
- Viewers can watch recordings from anywhere, on any device - their PC, Mac, iPod, iPad, iPhone - you name it.
Watch as many times as needed
- The simple recorder interface lets you focus on your presentation, not worry about technical details.
- No additional passwords to remember. You can log into Camtasia Relay with your existing credentials.
- Guests can record quickly without making any decisions. You can determine what to do with the recording once it's created.
Jump to the right section
- Viewers can watch lectures, meetings, and presentations as many times as they need.
- Captioning makes TechSmith Relay videos accessible to everyone.
Access videos everywhere
- Viewers can jump directly to the content they need by searching for a word or phrase that appears on a slide, or even words spoken during the recording.
- With the table of contents, users can eliminate the need to rewind and fast forward, and jump right to the spot they want.
Easy setup and maintenance
- Camtasia Relay easily integrates with familiar systems such as YouTube, Blackboard, Moodle, an existing file server, any web or FTP server, iTunes U, Screencast.com, and more!
- Viewers can watch recordings from anywhere, on any device ¿ their PC, Mac, iPod, iPad, iPhone ¿ you name it.
Meets the needs of presenters
- LDAP authentication lets you easily and securely add users with automatic import.
- Profiles allow automatic management of video processing and publishing options.
- The administrator dashboard and notifications alert you when something needs attention.
Supports industry standard formats
- With TechSmith Relay's flexible profiles, you can work with presenters to easily set up how recordings are produced and where they should go.
- Audio transcription can be set up to happen automatically on the server, giving your presenters and viewers searchable video and/or captions.
- Captions can be edited with the global caption editor, allowing anyone to fix captions for any presentation.
- TechSmith Relay produces industry-standard video formats including Flash, Windows Media, Silverlight, MPEG-4 and Real Media.
- No need to maintain or install custom video players for presenters or viewers.
Server Minimum Requirements
- English version of Windows Server 2003 (32-bit SP2), Windows Server 2008 (32-bit or 64-bit, SP2 or later), Windows Server 2008 R2
- Dedicated server running Windows Server 2008 64-bit (SP2) recommended
- 1 simultaneous encoding - 2 CPU cores, 2.0 GHz Pentium processor or equivalent, 2 GB of RAM, 150GB free hard drive space
- 3 simultaneous encodings - 4 CPU cores, 2.0 GHz (2.4 GHz recommended) Pentium processor or equivalent, 4 GB (8 GB recommended) of RAM, 250 GB of free hard drive space (500 GB RAID-1 (mirrored))
- 7 simultaneous encodings - 8 CPU cores, 2.0 GHz (2.4 GHz recommended) Pentium processor or equivalent, 8 GB (16GB recommended) of RAM, 500 GB of free hard drive space (1 TB RAID-1 (mirrored)).
Recorder Minimum Requirements
- Accessing the TechSmith Relay web application requires Internet Explorer 7 or higher, Firefox 4.x or higher or Safari 4.x or higher.
PC (Windows) recorder
- OSX 10.5.8 or later (OSX 10.6.4 or later recommended)
- Intel-based processor
- 1 GB of RAM (2 GB recommended)
- Powered microphone
- 2 GB of free hard drive space per recording hour
- Camera video recording requires a USB Web Camera or internal iSight. Digital video (DV) cameras and capture cards are not supported.
- Microsoft Windows XP (SP3 [32-bit]), Vista [32-bit], or Windows 7 [32-bit or 64-bit]
- Processor & memory ¿ follow the recommended OS guidelines ¿ add link here
- Internal or external microphone
- 2 GB of free hard drive space per recording hour
- Microsoft Office 2003 or 2007, or 2010 32-bit required for PowerPoint Add-in
- Camera video recording requires a USB Web Camera or internal Web Camera. Digital video (DV) cameras and capture cards are not supported.