Other product variants may be available, please contact us or
request a call back
if you cannot see what you are looking for.
Sophos for Microsoft SharePoint provides real-time protection for your mission-critical business data and collaborative environment. It stops viruses, spyware, adware, suspicious files and potentially unwanted applications (PUAs). It also uses sophisticated content filtering capabilities to prevent sensitive or inappropriate content distribution.
All-in-one threat protection and content control
Simplified and automated management
- On-access, scheduled and on-demand content scans ensures your data is protected from the latest threats, minimises overhead and provides a transparent end-user experience.
- The software uses a built-in host intrusion prevention system (HIPS) to stop zero-day threats. Real-time pre-execution detection identifies unknown malware, suspicious files and behaviour.
- A sophisticated content filtering policy engine blocks the distribution of inappropriate or sensitive content, based on file names, types, or phrases and keywords contained within a file.
- An easy-to-use, integrated quarantine manager enables malware, potentially unwanted applications, suspicious files and controlled content to be authorised, deleted or disinfected.
Fast, powerful protection
- With the easy-to-use web-based management console, it¿s simple to secure your SharePoint environment. The real-time dashboard offers point-and-click policy customisation, efficient quarantine management and relevant, actionable reporting.
- Support and manage your entire SharePoint server farm from a centralised administration console. Simplified controls automatically push policy changes and consolidate reports seamlessly.
- The rich, customisable reporting provides immediate insights into threat activity, content filtering performance and quarantine status. And the detailed searchable logs provides deep forensic capabilities.
Content filtering and data loss prevention
- Genotype virus detection technology proactively blocks families of viruses even before specific virus signatures are available.
- The HIPS technology uses the antivirus engine to identify suspect programs and potential malware before they execute.
- Behavioral Genotype Protection scans for multiple specific behaviors and characteristics to proactively protect against zero-day malware. Crucially it detects new threats before code even begins to execute.
- Sophos constantly validate the behavioral rule sets against an extensive library of legitimate applications to ensure accurate detection.
- The scanning engine blocks potentially unwanted applications (PUAs) that are known or suspected of being malicious, containing adware or consuming resources (such as utilities, toolbars, and other suspicious applications).
- Small updates are released as frequently as every five minutes¿an advantage for companies wanting fast protection with low impact on network resources.
- Prevent data loss, guard against legal liability, and ensure productive use of your infrastructure with sophisticated policies to control a wide variety of file types (including executables, media files, and archives), as well as sensitive data such as binaries, source code, databases, contact lists and XML files.
- Eliminate file type masquerading with true file type anti-spoofing technology (e.g. renaming an MP3 as a DOC).
- Make corporate compliance easy with ¿point and click¿ content policy, based on administrator-defined keywords, phrases or regular expressions contained within popular file types for controlling the distribution of sensitive or confidential information.
- The offensive word/phrase list filters for and reduces offensive language.
- Quarantine, block and/or replace file violations with placeholder text.
- Highly-skilled analysts in SophosLabs provide proactive rapid protection against known and unknown threats.
- Through technology, global visibility of emerging threats, and integrated threat expertise, SophosLabs provides 24x7 research and the fast global response that your organisation needs to protect itself from increasingly complex threats.
- Around-the-clock in-house customer support operation comes standard with every license.
- The support engineers provide one-to-one support by email or telephone, or you can take advantage of the web-based support knowledgebase.
- Microsoft SharePoint Services 3.0¿32 bit and 64 bit, SP1 and SP2
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2007¿32 bit and 64 bit, SP1 and SP2
- Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 (all editions)
- Microsoft Search Server 2008
- Microsoft Search Server 2008 Express Edition
- Microsoft Office Project Server 2007.
- Windows Server 2003 - 32 bit and 64 bit, SP2 (all editions)
- Windows Server 2003 R2 - 32 bit and 64 bit, SP2 (all editions)
- Windows Small Business Server 2003 - SP2
- Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2 - SP2
- Windows Server 2008 - 32 bit and 64 bit, SP1 and SP2 (all editions)
- Windows Small Business Server (SBS) 2008 - SP1 and SP2
- Windows Server 2008 R2, SP0 and SP1 (all editions - excluding server core)
- Windows Small Business Server 2011.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 (all editions) - SP3
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (all editions) - SP1 and SP2
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (all editions).
- Disk space - 1 GB minimum
- Memory - 1 GB minimum (2 GB or higher recommended)
- CPU - 1.5 GHz minimum (2 GHz or higher recommended).