Other product variants may be available, please contact us or
request a call back
if you cannot see what you are looking for.
NVivo 11 Starter for Windows is simpler software for qualitative research, so you can spend your time finding insights, not learning software. Whether you're new to qualitative research or you need to analyze and understand text like interview transcripts, documents or articles, you'll be up and running quickly with NVivo Starter.
- Import and analyze text based data.
- Work with data in virtually any language.
- Organize information using theme, case and in-vivo coding.
- Review your coding with coding stripes and highlighting.
- Keep track of your thoughts and ideas with memos and annotations.
- Ask questions of your data using text search, word frequency and coding queries.
- Visualize your data with word clouds, word trees, explore and comparison diagrams.
- Import articles from reference management software like EndNote, Zotero, Refworks and Mendeley.
- Import from note-taking software OneNote and Evernote.
- Export and share items to easily share your data, analysis and findings.
- Connect to NVivo for Teams for real time collaboration and secure teamwork.
- Work with a user interface in English, Chinese, German, French, Japanese, Spanish and Portuguese.
- Qualitative Analysis Software - Convert and work with projects created in software by QSR, Atlas.ti, MaxQDA and Framework.
- Reference Management Software - Import bibliographical data, notes and article attachments from reference management software: EndNote, Mendeley, RefWorks, Zotero.
- Statistical Analysis Software - Import and export delimited text files and spreadsheets to and from applications like Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access and IBM SPSS Stats.
- Note-taking Software - Export notes directly from Evernote and OneNote and bring them into NVivo with the same structure set up in your note-taking software. Collect notes on-the-go using devices like tablets and phones, and then easily import data directly into NVivo via API.
- Generic Formats - Collect, import and export data from web browsers, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel and text files in HTML, XML, XLS, XLSX and TXT formats.
- Organization - Create a paperless filing system allowing you to easily search, sort and access project items using Folders and Sets.
- Reliability - Store your project data and material in a single file, making your project completely portable.
- Security - Enhance security by protecting access to projects with User Profiles, User Passwords, User Permissions and Encoded Storage.
- Scalability - Work with larger amounts of data in a single project (up to 10GB) or remove limits with NVivo for Teams.
- Traceability - Keep track of what team members are doing by recording changes to a project with an audit log of user actions.
- Recoverability - Explore your data with confidence knowing you can retrace your steps with multi-level undo and automatic back up and recovery of your data. Includes multiple levels of Undo, Project Repair, Project Restore, Automatic Backup (with NVivo for Teams).
- Coding - Categorize and classify data by theme or topic and analyze how items are connected using In-Vivo Coding, Thematic Hierarchical Coding.
- Case Coding - Gather references to People, Places, Organizations and other entities and categorize and classify data to analyze the who, what and where questions.
- Classifications - Case Classifications with Attributes, Assign Colors to Project Items
- Annotations - Create editable notes to comment on selected content
- Memos - Record and store your insights, observations and interpretations and link them to the material you are analyzing using Memos for Project, Sources and Nodes.
- Links - Use Hyperlinks to link to web pages and files outside of your project.
- Text Search Query - Querying Words or Phrases
- Coding Query - Explore and ask questions about your coding to find overlaps and intersections using AND, OR operators.
- Word Frequency Query - See a list of the words that appear most often within your materials by querying frequently occurring words.
- Find - Locate project items by Find by Name and Find in Content.
- Coding Stripes - Use colored stripes to view and compare coding or demographic information in your data. View and print Coding Stripes for Nodes, Attributes and Users.
- Charts - Create and explore Charts including Column, Pie and Bar charts. Range of Customizable Charts for Project Items and their Associations.
- Word Clouds - A customizable visual representation of Word Frequency Queries that displays the most frequently appearing words in selected materials or nodes.
- Word Trees - See the most frequently appearing words in selected materials and nodes, and explore the context surrounding the words.
- Explore Diagrams - Visually explore project data through a dynamic diagram that shows connections between a central project item and its related project content. Step through the project items to reveal further connections.
- Comparison Diagrams - Visually compare two Sources, Nodes or Cases to see what they have in common and where they differ.
- Spelling Dictionary - Check spelling as you edit new and existing sources in NVivo in English (US, UK), French, German, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazil), Simplified Chinese and Spanish (Mexico).
- Data Language - Work with data in virtually any language including character based languages such as Japanese and Mandarin
- Query Dictonary Language - Run Text Search and Word Frequency Queries in 7 languages: Chinese, English (US, UK), French, German, Japanese, Portuguese and Spanish.
- User Interface Language - Work with a user interface in English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazil), Simplified Chinese and Spanish (Mexico)
- Multi-User Projects - Allow team members to work in the same project at the same time and view each others changes immediately with NVivo for Teams.
- Getting Started Guide - Get up and running fast with an introductory guide to learning fundamental tasks.
- Online Help - Online Help that provides step-by-step instructions for working with every feature of NVivo.
- Online Tutorials - Step-by-step animated online video tutorials that demonstrate how to use NVivo.
- Sample Project - Provides a 'real-life' sample project that can be used as an example to explore how to organize data, and experiment with queries, visualizations and other analysis tools.
- System Administrator Help - In-depth technical resources for System Administrators.
- Community Resources - Learn and communicate with peers and our Customer Support team in online social communities: User Forum, Facebook, LinkedIn User Group, Twitter, YouTube, Blog.
- Update Notifications - Receive automatic notifications when new updates are available to download and install
- Processor - 1.2 GHz single-core processor (32-bit) 1.4 GHz single-core processor (64-bit)
- Memory - 2 GB RAM or more
- Display - 1024 x 768 screen resolution
- Operating system - Microsoft Windows 7
- Hard disk - Approximately 5 GB of available hard-disk space (additional hard-disk space may be required for NVivo project data)
- Processor - 2.0 GHz dual-core processor or faster
- Memory - 4 GB RAM or more
- Display - 1680 x 1050 screen resolution or higher
- Operating system - Microsoft Windows 7 or later
- Hard disk - Approximately 8 GB of available hard-disk space (additional hard-disk space may be required for NVivo project data)
- Browser - Internet Explorer 11 (or later) or Google Chrome 44 (or later)
- Other - Internet connection
NVivo 11 for Windows is designed to operate natively on Microsoft Windows. If you're running the software on a virtual platform on a Mac, these system requirements may not apply.