For advice on this product or for a quote, please
to request a call back.
Perforce Software Configuration Management System features comprehensive Software Configuration Management capabilities built around a scalable client/server architecture. Users can access the Perforce Server through a range of Perforce client software. Perforce can be deployed quickly and easily, and requires minimal administration even for large or distributed sites.
- Server - The Perforce Server, P4D, manages access to versioned files, tracks user operations and records all activity in a centralized database.
- Visual Client - The Perforce Visual Client, P4V, provides a graphical interface on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Solaris and FreeBSD. It includes a built-in merge feature, as well as Perforce's revision graph and Time-lapse View tools.
- Command-Line Client - The Perforce Command-Line Client, P4, is highly scriptable and available on a wide variety of platforms.
- Distributed Development - The Perforce Proxy, P4P, offers caching technology to provide remote users with quicker response times and real-time access to project activity and status information.
- Merge Tool - The Perforce Merge Tool, P4Merge, provides graphical three-way merging and side-by-side file comparisons. Perforce client applications can also be configured to work with third-party merge tools.
- Defect Tracking - Perforce's built-in defect tracking system provides basic management for change requests. Integrations with leading defect tracking systems are also available to support more sophisticated workflow.
- Reporting - The Perforce Reporting System, P4Report, offers query and reporting capability. Reporting tools including Crystal Reports, Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel access the Perforce database through an ODBC driver.
- Web Client - The Perforce Web Client, P4Web, turns your web browser into a complete user interface to Perforce.
- Integrations - Perforce integrates with a variety of third-party technologies including IDEs, defect tracking systems, build tools, graphical design tools, and Microsoft Office applications.
- Windows Client - The Perforce Windows Client, P4Win, is a legacy Windows-only graphical interface. The multi-platform Perforce Visual Client, P4V, is the next generation GUI client for Windows and other platforms.