Other product variants may be available, please contact us or
request a call back
if you cannot see what you are looking for.
Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac enables Mac users to simultaneously run Windows, Linux and other operating systems at the same time as Mac OS X on any Intel-powered Mac computer. The solultion enables one Mac to handle all of your computing needs, and is versatile for home, office and school. The powerful virtualisation technology makes it easy to run Windows applications, such as Outlook and Office side-by-side with your Mac applications without having to reboot and use Boot Camp.Parallels Desktop for Mac now includes Parallels Toolbox for Mac so you can carry out dozens of essential tasks on your Mac.
What's new in Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac
- Parallels ToolBox for Mac: Carry out daily tasks on your Mac easily. Take screenshots, secure private files with a password, convert Facebook or YouTube videos, and more.
- Video Tutorials: “New to Mac' videos to easily get you started.
- Ready for Windows 10 and El Capitan: Run Windows 10 in a virtual machine with ease. Upgrade Windows 7 or 8 to Windows 10, or create a brand new virtual machine with Windows 10. You can even run Windows 10 on El Capitan.
- Lightning Fast Performance: For Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, boot time and shut down time can be as much as 50% faster. Battery life is extended up to 15%. Virtual machines suspend up to 20% faster. Many tasks in Windows up to 25% faster.
- Improved Battery Life: New “Travel Mode' temporarily shuts down resource intensive services in order to extend battery life while away from a power source.
- Windows Printing made Easy: No need to install a print driver in Windows; printing from the virtual machine now opens the native OS X printer dialog to print to your OS X configured printer.
- Improved File Associations: Right click on a file in OS X and choose to have the files open in your virtual machine, and remember that choice for all operations with the extension.
- Quickly Switch into Coherence Mode: Quickly switch into Coherence Mode, maintaining the look and feel of OS X for your Windows apps.
- Notification Center Comes to Mac: While in Coherence Mode, quickly view notifications through an icon located in your OS X menu bar.
Designed for users who are switching from PC to Mac, and the home or student user who frequently needs to use non-Mac apps.
Pro Edition - 1 Year subscription
- Run Windows on your Mac
- Support for Windows 10 and El Capitan
- Travel Mode
- Disk space savings for popular cloud services
- Use of Parallels Access for 3 months
- Maximum of 8GB vRAM / 4 vCPUs per VM
- Premium 24/7 phone and email support for 30 days
Designed for the developer, tester, or power user who needs the very best performance for running non-Mac apps on Mac.Everything in the Desktop edition plus:
Business Edition - 1 Year subscription
- Complimentary Parallels Access
- Microsoft Visual Studio Plug-in
- Support for popular development, design, and test tools including Docker, Jenkins, and Chef
- Advanced networking tools
- Support for Business Cloud Services
- Maxium 64GB vRAM / 16 vCPUs per VM
- Premium 24/7 phone and email support
Designed for professionals, teams, and IT departments that manage multiple Mac and need to run Windows on Mac with the very best performance.Everything in the Pro edition plus:
- Centralised administration and management including single key installations. Mass deploy and mass manage Parallels Desktop and Windows VMs for your employees.
- Premium 24/7 phone and email support. With business-class 24/7 phone and email support, you are fully covered.
: By default Business Edition will not have Professional Features enabled, but they can be enabled using Mass Deployment package settings, CLI or in PD UI
Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac Requirements
- A Mac computer with an Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor (Core Solo and Core Duo processors are no longer supported)
- 4 GB of memory (8 GB recommended)
- 850 MB of disk space on the boot volume (Macintosh HD) for Parallels Desktop installation
- Additional disk space for virtual machines (varies on operating system installed)
- Any Mac computer running macOS® Sierra 10.12, OS X® El Capitan 10.11.5, OS X Yosemite 10.10.5, or newer
- Requires Windows or other operating system (not included)
- Internet connection required for product download, activation, updates, and select features