Other product variants may be available, please contact us or
request a call back
if you cannot see what you are looking for.
Paragon Protect & Restore¿s reliable backup and seamless restore capabilities help eliminate business continuity and compliance risks, while requiring only minimum system resources and IT personnel interaction, due to its distributed infrastructure and easy-to-use management console. Get agentless backup/replication of vSphere guests and agent-based backup of physical machines with near continuous data protection and smart incremental backups.
Virtual Machine Protection for vSphere
- Flexible scheduling mechanism / near CDP - protection policies can be scheduled from every minute to a particular day, week, month, etc.
- Smart incremental backup - a full backup or replica will be automatically created whenever necessary.
- Automatic exclusion of redundant data - allows speeding up backup, while minimising storage requirements.
- Support of Microsoft VSS - the use of Microsoft's Volume Shadow Copy Service allows 100% data consistency when taking snapshots of Windows machines.
- Paragon UFSD - provides fast and reliable access to major file systems.
- Paragon VHD (pHVD) - a cutting-edge backup image format that provides exceptional security, compression ratio, and integrity control.
- Support of guest OS hosted by vSphere - supports VMware vSphere 5.1, 5.0, 4.1, and 4.0.
- Support of Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 - full compatibility with the latest operating systems by Microsoft.
Physical Machine Protection
- Agentless backup of online/offline VMs - the use of the VMware snapshot mechanism enables to significantly enhance the backup performance, while minimising the load on target machines and the hypervisor during the process. Besides, there¿s no need to provide credentials for every guest.
- Agentless replication of online/offline VMs - higher replication performance and less load on target machines and hypervisors. With VMware snapshot, the replication process speeds up and no additional credentials are needed to access the guest machines.
- Agent-based backup of fault-tolerant systems - the concept of the VMware fault-tolerant system doesn't allow agentless protection through the VMware snapshot mechanism. This type of systems can only be protected from inside by using physical agents.
- Agent-based backup of guests hosted by non-commercial VMware ESX - since agentless protection through the VMware snapshot mechanism is unavailable for this type of hypervisors, the only option to protect their guests is to use physical agents.
- Support of VMware CBT - the use of VMware Changed Block Tracking ensures full or incremental backups or replicas are created with the minimum time and impact on ESX.
- Paragon ITE - Paragon¿s Image Transfer Engine is an alternative way of tracking data changes. It's automatically used when VMware CBT fails.
- VM disk provisioning type specification - helps to optimise the use of storages.
Virtual Machine Recovery
- Agent-based backup - a special agent embedded to every target physical machine interacts with the infrastructure and accomplishes backup tasks.
- Backup of entire physical machines - protection of entire machines guarantees complete data safety.
- Backup of separate volumes - protection of particular volumes allows minimisation of backup windows and storage requirements.
- Backup of workgroup machines - this solution can not only protect members of a domain where it is deployed, but any workgroup machine on the net.
- One-Stop-Wizard for immediate protection - One-Stop-Wizard helps to instantly configure and initiate protection of single physical servers and workstations.
Physical Machine Recovery
- Restore point specification - enables to specify any available time-stamp during recovery.
- Launch of VM Replicas - the specified replica will be correctly detached from the replication process and then launched, which may take only a couple of seconds.
- Restore to the Original Location - when restored to the original location, the original machine will be automatically deleted (it should be offline).
- Restore to a New Location - when restored to a new location you will be prompted to provide a new name for the machine, and a host and datastore to reside it. The VM configuration file will be modified accordingly.
- VM Disk Provisioning Type Configuration - helps to optimise the use of backup and replica storages.
- Remote Restore - the solution enables to accomplish recovery of data volumes directly from Protect & Restore Console.
- On-site Bare-metal Restore - an entire physical machine or separate volumes can be recovered on-site with a special WinPE media prepared beforehand through Boot Media Builder. To do restore the target computer should have a network connection to Administration and/or Backup Servers.
- Paragon Boot Media Builder - helps to prepare a customisable WinPE-based recovery media for bare-metal restore operations.
- Paragon Recovery-ID - administrator sets up a restore task in Protect & Restore Console, then sends the generated task ID to the user. The user should only start up the failed computer from the WinPE recovery media and enter the obtained ID. The restore operation will be accomplished automatically, thus avoiding any mistake from the user's side.
- Manual Bare-metal Restore - the problem machine is started up from the WinPE recovery media. After connection to the infrastructure, Administrator manually specifies the desired machine, volume, and restore point.
- Paragon Adaptive Restore - allows restoring a Windows-based system to a completely different hardware.
- Support of GPT/uEFI configurations - allows restoring a 64-bit Windows system configured to the uEFI-based boot mode.
Management & Administration
- Migration between ESX Datastores - Enables to migrate a virtual machine hosted by ESX to another datastore.
- P2P-Migration - Thanks to Paragon's Adaptive Restore a Windows-based physical machine can be smoothly transferred to different hardware.
- V2P-Migration - Combination of the agent-based backup and Paragon's Adaptive Restore opens up the option to convert a virtual machine to physical.
Protect & Restore Backup Server
- True Distributed Architecture - allows greater flexibility and enterprise scalability.
- Paragon Protect & Restore Console - one central console for operations in physical and virtual environments.
- Paragon GoForSure - Paragon's GoForSure is a special mode, when policies don't run till the end, but a particular step, which is defined by a level of validation (fast, medium, thorough). Validation enables to be pretty sure created policies will be completed with a success.
- Intelligent Load Balancing - unlike other tools that use simple round-robin algorithms to balance load across the backup infrastructure, this solution considers Backup Server's availability, access to source data, current backup repository load by other concurrent tasks, and other factors.
- Network Traffic Compression - minimises load on the network.
- Traffic Throttling - allows managing network bandwidth among clients to ensure QoS (Quality of Service).
- Paragon ProTran - Paragon's ProTran is a unique data transport protocol, specially optimised to run jobs over highly latent connections by automatically establishing multiple TCP/IP connections per job, which enables to significantly (up to 300%) boost performance of VM data transferring over WAN links.
- Multi-user Administration - several users can simultaneously administer the infrastructure.
- Extra Windows PowerShell Console - for those, who are accustomed to automation scripts and command-line tools, the product additionally includes a Windows PowerShell-based console that provides even more functions than the GUI-console does.
Notification & Reporting
- Supported Backup / Replica Storage - ESX datastores, local disks, NAS, SAN, FTP/SFTP.
- Data Retention Mechanism - allows configuring special policies to determine backup lifespan and occupied space.
- Archiving to Second-tier Storage / Dual Protection - implements the concept of dual protection, when at first target machines are quickly backed up or replicated to the primary storage, thus minimising the impact on the production environment, and then these objects are copied (archived) to the secondary storage during the night or a weekend as scheduled.
- Backup Verification - Allows checking up integrity of any member of created incremental chains at any time to make sure backup data is not corrupted. During the checkup, all members of the given incremental chain become locked for access to avoid any interference.
- Storage Browser - For easier administration all storages are open for browsing. Having a list of all created backups and replicas at hand, you can easily find and initiate an integrity checkup for those you consider critical, or delete those you don¿t need any more, or initiate a restore operation.
Deployment & Upgrade
- E-mail Notifications - Enables to set up email notification policies by a particular type of events or several types (errors, warnings, information, etc.) for an infrastructure component or activity you¿re interested in (backup or replica policies, etc.).
- Effective Troubleshooting - Every user or service activity is journalised, which enables to pin-point roots of any encountered problem. For more efficient communication with Paragon's support team, there's Log Saver that allows easily collecting all or particular infrastructure logs.
- Unified Installation Package - any infrastructure component can be installed on-site from one unified installation package.
- Remote Components Deployment - once Protect & Restore Administration Server and Console are installed on-site, all other infrastructure components can be deployed remotely
- Group Policy Support for Agent Deployment - there's the option to add any number of target machines to the infrastructure in one operation
- Manual on-site Components Deployment - if having troubles with the remote deployment, you can initiate deployment of any component on-site.
- Workgroup Machines as Part of Infrastructure - any workgroup machine on the net can be used as Backup Server, etc.
- Automatic Connection of New Domain Machines - enables to automatically add new domain machines to the infrastructure through a special service that monitors activities in Active Directory.
- Easy Update / Upgrade - all infrastructure components except for Administration Server can be upgraded without restart, guaranteeing complete consistency of the infrastructure database.
- User Group to Control Remote Access - only members of a special group are allowed to administer the infrastructure.
- Configurable Ports - default ports can be changed to comply with your corporate environment.