PaperPort provides an easy way to turn piles of paper and photos into organised files that you can quickly find, use and share. PaperPort makes it simple to connect your scanner and computer together to work with PDF and JPEG images just like working with paper documents right on your desktop. It is the perfect solution for your home or office. Save time and money with the security of knowing that important documents and photos will never be lost with PaperPort.
New in PaperPort Professional v14
PaperPort Anywhere: Access your Documents Anytime, Anywhere Using any Device
PaperPort Anywhere, the new service for secure document access, provides the benefits of your own document website in the cloud, while delivering free mobile applications with PaperPort¿s proven capabilities for desktop document management on the PC.
PaperPort Anywhere connects seamlessly to your PaperPort desktop to deliver anytime-anywhere access to your most important folders, files, documents, and photos via the convenience of popular web browsers for PC and Mac. You can manage your free PaperPort Anywhere account ¿ up to 1 GB of storage with more available ¿ from home, on the road, or wherever it is most convenient for you.
PaperPort Anywhere: Intelligent Mobile Applications for Users on the Go
To support users who are looking to manage documents using their mobile devices, PaperPort 14 in conjunction with PaperPort Anywhere now provides mobile applications for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices. Using these mobile applications, you can browse by folder, search by document content or name, view documents, and take pictures and upload documents ¿ all from the convenience of a mobile device.
PaperPort Professional 14 Desktop Enhancements
In addition, PaperPort 14 also delivers many significant new desktop enhancements, including:
- PaperPort Anywhere Sync Connector - Windows system tray application provides the capability for you to sign-in to the PaperPort Anywhere service from the PaperPort desktop, monitor storage usage, and control which folders you want synchronised
- Nuance Cloud Connector application - gain access to a number of cloud services, including Microsoft Live SkyDrive, Google Docs, Box.net, and many more
- Evernote 'Send To' connector - drag-and-drop files to the Evernote Send To Connector, create a new note or add the document to an existing note
- Enhanced network folder support - takes advantage of fast, reliable thumbnail viewing of documents stored on shared network folders
- Windows file and folder options - the Windows Context menu is supported by right-clicking on any file, so you can access Windows or other software and perform key tasks, including compressing and uncompressing ZIP files
- Scanning improvements - scanned color documents using PDF-MRC compression are now 62% smaller. Other time saving highlights include scan and open a document with one press of a button, create and save default custom file names, and create PDF/A directly from your scanner
- New workspace options for greater productivity - new buttons have been added for 'recently scanned' and 'recently opened' documents
- Folder notes improvements - right click on any folder in the folder directory and get an option to add notes directly to that particular folder
- Improved desktop thumbnails for PDF - the PDF document thumbnails offer more information about PDF documents to save you time and focus on more important tasks.
Minimum hardware requirements
Supported operating systems
- Intel Pentium compatible, or newer CPU
- 1 GB RAM
- 700 MB free hard disk space for application files and installation
- 1024x768 resolution display with 16 bit (High Color) or better
- Windows compatible pointing device.
Supported Web Browsers (favourites and PDF viewer)
- Windows XP 32-bit SP3
- Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit with SP2 or higher
- Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit.
DVD-ROM drive (required for installation)
PaperPort Anywhere, Nuance Cloud Connector, Online Activation, Registration and Live Update
- Internet Explorer 7+
- Firefox 3, 4 and 5.5
- Chrome 4, 9 (versioning changed).
- Internet connection and web access necessary
- PaperPort Anywhere includes 1GB of storage. Terms subject to change. Visit www.paperport.com for details.
Performance and speed will be enhanced if your computer¿s processor, memory, and available disk space exceed minimum requirements. This is especially true when converting very large color PDF files.
Nuance offers technical support via phone and email.