Netop Remote Control 12.5 - New Features
Netop WebConnect 3.0 support
Password character limit expanded
With the version 12.22 release, the 16-character limit for passwords used during authentication by various Netop modules was expanded to 64 characters when using Windows or Directory Services based authentication schemes.
With the 12.50 release, the expansion of the 16-character limit for passwords has been extended to simple authentication (password only) and Netop authentication (using a Guest ID). The character limit has been extended to 64 characters for all modules (Guest, Host, Gateway, Security Server, etc.).
To take advantage of security updates and improvements available in Netop WebConnect, Netop Remote Control version 12.50 has been optimized by adding a new communication profile called WebConnect 3 . The security improvements include:
- Web Interface - Various security measures have been implemented in the web interface of the Connection Manager.
- HTTPS Connections - Only HTTPS connections are now supported for the Netop Hosted WebConnect 3.0 to ensure all traffic is encrypted using TLS encryption. Outbound access to Webconnect 3.0 will require only port TCP 443 instead of old ports TCP 80 and 6502 used with Webconnect 1.9x.
Stronger hashing & improved encryption of passwords
With the WebConnect 3.0 release, password storage within the Connection Manager database has been updated
to use an improved key derivation and hashing method.
Prevent browsers from storing credentials
- Autocomplete functions within browser-based forms have been disabled to prevent browsers from storing credentials improperly.
Netop Remote Control 11.1 - New Features
Netop Remote Control 11.1 is a minor release, featuring:
Netop Remote Control 11 - New Features
- Additional support for Microsoft Windows - version 11.1 includes support for both Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012.
- Security enhancements - the addition of Directory Services Groups extends Directory Services support on the Security Server.
- Increased performance - screen transfer capabilities within Logon, Lock and UAC screens have been optimised for all versions of Windows starting Windows Vista.
Netop Remote Control 11 is a major release, featuring:
A new Tunnel function that creates a secure connection between the Guest and Host modules and allows application ports to be redirected from the Host to the Guest through the Tunnel. This allows the Guest to run local applications while interacting with the connected Host and without having to remote control the Host machine. The Tunnel is ideally suited for, but not limited to, environments where a traditional desktop is either not used or available.
The Netop Security Server has been extended to offer authentication against RADIUS (Remote Authentication Dial In User Service) environments.
Using RADIUS with Netop Remote Control allows the Security Server to authenticate remote support sessions via compatible multi-factor authentication methods, where the Guest user needs to provide their username and password along with a one-time generated passcode that can be derived from a variety of sources including hardware devices or SMS tokens.
Linux/Mac Hosts and Windows authentication
When using the Netop Security Server with Windows authentication, the Guest is now able to connect to a Host running on Linux or Mac.
Allow each Guest to run simultaneous sessions with different Hosts via WebConnect. Hosts can have simultaneous Guest connections when using a WebConnect service.
Network interface binding
Ability to bind to a specific network interface for improved communication.
Enhanced blank screen feature
Enhanced Blank Screen feature for improved compatibility with newer Windows operating systems.