Other product variants may be available, please contact us or
request a call back
if you cannot see what you are looking for.
Use Visual Studio 2017 to develop apps for Android, iOS, Windows, web, and cloud. Code fast, debug and diagnose with ease, test often, and release with confidence. You can also extend and customise Visual Studio by building your own extensions. Use version control, be agile, and collaborate efficiently.
Visual Studio 2017 enables developers to build applications for all Microsoft platforms from one powerful IDE. Supporting native development with Visual C++ or .NET development with Visual Basic .NET, C# or F#, it covers a range of technologies including Windows Forms, ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC,WPF, Windows Azure, SQL Server, Microsoft Office, SharePoint and Windows Phone.
Visual Studio 2017 supports cross-platform mobile device development. You can write apps and games that target iOS, Android, and Windows and share a common code base, all from within the Visual Studio IDE. You’ll see all these project types in the File, New Project dialog.
For greatest value, buy Visual Studio together with an MSDN Subscription and get development and testing licenses of up to 11 terabytes of Microsoft software, free Azure credit, free technical support incidents and more (features dependent on edition purchased).
Mobile app development
In Visual Studio 2017, you can innovate and get results fast with Xamarin, which unifies your multi-platform mobile requirements by using one core codebase and set of skills. Go mobile with your existing teams, technology investments, and C# code to deliver consumer-grade experiences ahead of schedule and under budget. Accelerate every step of the mobile lifecycle to deliver world-class consumer experiences or a portfolio of productivity apps to empower your workforce.
Cloud app development with Azure
A built-in suite of Azure tools that enable you to easily create cloud-first apps powered by Microsoft Azure. Visual Studio makes it easy to configure, build, debug, package, and deploy apps and services on Azure.
Live Unit Testing
As you write code in the editor, this feature runs unit tests in the background. The lines of code that fail unit tests are marked with red cross icons and passing with green checkmark icons. Immediately see if your code changes break your unit tests.
Code Style & Code Analysis Rules
Centrally define code style and code analysis rules across multiple developers and teams. Developers get real-time feedback if they violate code style or code analysis rules. Developers also get quick fixes for common code violations.
Visual Studio can be purchased on a volume licensing scheme as a a stand-alone IDE or as paert of an MSDN subscription. Individual development tools are licenced per user as are MSDN subscriptions. With an MSDN subscription, one person can use the software to design, develop, test, or demonstrate his or her programs on any number of devices. Each person who uses the software this way needs a license.
For further information on Visual Studio and MSDN subscription licensing, please contact us.
Visual Studio 2017 Professional
Visual Studio Professional 2017 can help you create applications that have innovative user experiences that delight your customers. The integrated environment makes complex tasks easier so that you can focus on achieving your goals. By using Visual Studio Professional 2017, you can deliver quality applications on Android, iOS, Linux, the web, or the cloud.
The Professional Edition can also be purchased with an MSDN Subscription which provides Team Foundation Server (with one client access licence), test and development licenses of Windows, Windows Server and SQL Server, a range of Windows Azure benefits, 2 free technical support incidents and 1 free Microsoft e-learning collection.
Visual Studio 2017 Enterprise
Visual Studio Enterprise is the state-of-the-art development solution that empowers teams of all sizes to design, create and modernise scalable applications that span devices and services. A simplified development solution enables all roles involved in a software project to create the high-quality, mission-critical software your company depends on.
The Enterprise Edition's MSDN Subscription provides all the features previosuly available in Premium Edition's MSDN Subscription, plus includes Visual Studio Feature Packs that provide the additional functionality previosuly available to MSDN Ultimate subscribers.
Visual Studio 2017 Test Professional
A special edition of Visual Studio designed for testers (The Test Professional Edition cannot develop applications). The Test Professional Edition comes with:
- Numerous testing tools including manual testing, exploratory testing and test case management
- Lab management tools for creating virtual test environments.
The Test Professional Edition comes with a full MSDN Subscription which provides Team Foundation Server and 1 Client Access Licence (CAL) to access it, test and development licenses of Windows, Windows Server and SQL Server, 2 free technical support incidents and 1 free Microsoft e-learning collection.
Supported operating systems
- Windows 7 SP1 (with latest Windows Updates): Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate
- Windows 8.1 (with Update 2919355): Basic, Professional, and Enterprise
- Windows 10 version 1507 or higher: Home, Professional, Education, and Enterprise (LTSB is not supported)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (with Update 2919355): Essentials, Standard, Datacenter
- Windows Server 2016: Standard and Datacenter
- 1.8 GHz or faster processor. Dual-core or better recommended
- 2 GB of RAM; 4 GB of RAM recommended (2.5 GB minimum if running on a virtual machine)
- Hard disk space: 1GB to 40GB, depending on features installed
- Video card that supports a minimum display resolution of 720p (1280 by 720); Visual Studio will work best at a resolution of WXGA (1366 by 768) or higher
- NET Framework 4.5 is required to install Visual Studio. Visual Studio requires .NET Framework 4.6.1, which will be installed during setup.
- Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB edition is not supported for development. You may use Visual Studio 2017 to build apps that run on Windows 10 LTSB.
- Internet Explorer 11 or Edge is required for internet-related scenarios. Some features might not work unless these, or a later version, are installed.
- For emulator support, Windows 8.1 Pro or Enterprise (x64) editions are required. A processor that supports Client Hyper-V and Second Level Address Translation (SLAT) is also required.
- Universal Windows app development, including designing, editing, and debugging, requires Windows 10. Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server 2012 R2 may be used to build Universal Windows apps from the command line.
- Team Foundation Server 2017 Office Integration requires Office 2016, Office 2013, or Office 2010.
- Xamarin.Android requires a 64-bit edition of Windows and the 64-bit Java Development Kit (JDK).