Office 365 for education provides anywhere access to email and calendars, Office Web Apps, video and online meetings and document sharing for students, faculty and staff. It enables students to learn and work from virtually anywhere and access familiar tools in the cloud. Create, edit, store and share class materials, record presentations, collaborate online with colleagues and much more. Office 365 for education provides a safe, school managed environment backed by a 99.9 percent Microsoft uptime guarantee.
Tools students need to be successful, both today in their studies and later in the workplace
- Email, Calendar & Contacts: Hosted email with 25GB inbox, calendaring and contacts through Exchange Online 2010. Designed to provide the control you want and the security and reliability you need. Protected by built-in antivirus and anti-spam filters and unlimited, IT-level phone support 24 hours a day, seven days a week in your local language.
- Virtual classes, Online Meetings, Video and Voice Chat: Conduct online classes, record them and share with others for playback anytime, online or offline. Connect with the right person at the right time and in the right way with Lync Online 2010. Rich presence information so you know who¿s online and available. Transform any conversation to include high-resolution video-, application-, and desktop- sharing and be fully present without physically being there. Keep track of chat sessions with conversation history. Consistent experience across all of Office 365.
- Class & Group Sites: Keep everyone informed and on track. Create class and group sites to share documents and information with SharePoint Online 2010. Designed to work with familiar Office applications, it¿s easy to save documents directly to SharePoint, and work together on projects in real-time because everyone has access to the documents and information they need from virtually anywhere.
- Online Documents: View, edit, and share Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote files online with SharePoint and Office Web Apps.
Microsoft provides 24/7 global support for Office 365 subscribers. Service administrators can create support tickets anytime or call any one of the support centers around the globe. Local phone numbers are provided in many countries and phone support is offered in many languages. Support staff can also direct you to specialized diagnostic tools that gather information to solve your problem quickly.
Keeps IT in Control
Reduce the time and effort you spend managing email and collaboration servers through the use of the Office 365 management site. The Office 365 service health portal and RSS feeds provide up to date service availability information. Role-based access controls allow IT to delegate authority to both IT staff as well as non-IT staff including the school¿s faculty and administrators.
Reduce Cost & Provide Flexibility
Office 365 helps education institutions significantly reduce costs and free up time associated with management of servers on premises. With Office 365, education institutions have predictable annual costs. The tools offered can be configured to meet an organisation¿s unique needs. Microsoft Office 365 for education can also work with existing on-premises server deployments, offering choices in the way tools can be delivered to users (i.e. on-premises, web-based, or both). All services are run on powerful, enterprise-class Microsoft servers and maintained by Microsoft staff. And so minimal staff would be needed on site at the school to maintain the new system.
Enterprise Class Security
Your data is highly safe and secure as Office 365 employs enterprise class security throughout the service data centers. Your school¿s email environment is secured with premium anti-spam and antivirus protection provided by multiple virus scanning engines. You will also have administrative control and privacy needed for your student e-mail service, to help you conform to the Children¿s Internet Protection Act.
Innovations for K-12
K-12 institutions have a specific set of requirements for cloud-based messaging and collaboration. Office 365 delivers a rich set of privacy, security, and protection capabilities to keep students safe from early elementary through high schools.
Hybrid Deployment Scenarios Allow On-premises and Online Users to Work Seamlessly
The rich coexistence of Exchange Online makes your on-premises and cloud organizations work together like a single, seamless organization. Features such as Free/Busy, MailTips, mailbox search, message tracking, and archiving work across the cloud boundary to function as a single integrated architecture. You can even move mailboxes between the cloud and Exchange Online transparently to users. Exchange Online also integrates with supported PBXs and Lync Server 2010 to provide Voice Mail features.
Simplify IT Management
Service administrators that manage on-premise SharePoint 2010 or Exchange 2010 servers will be familiar with SharePoint Online and Exchange Online, as the administration consoles for the online services are the same as the on premise tenant admin capabilities. In addition, routine tasks such as applying server updates and maintaining disks and servers are all performed by Microsoft. This provides more time for IT to focus on value added workloads rather than maintenance.
Office 365 for education - plans
Plan A2 is available for free for students, faculty and staff. It includes:
- Office Web Apps
- IM & Presence
- SharePoint Online - Collaboration
- Email, calendar, AV/AS, Personal Archive
Plan A3 includes everything in Plan A2, plus:
- Office Pro Plus - desktop versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access and more
- Home use rights - up to 5 PCs
- Voicemail & Advanced Archive Capability
- Access, Excel, Forms, Visio Services.
Plan A4 includes everything in Plan A2 and A3, plus:
Office 365 for education - individual plans
- Enterprise voice capabilities with auto attendant capabilities.
Individual plans are also available for:
- Exchange Online
- Lync Online
- Office Web Apps with SharePoint Online
- Office Professional Plus.