For advice on this product or for a quote, please
to request a call back.
Lync for Mac 2011 works together with Microsoft Lync Server or Microsoft Lync Online to provide instant messaging, real-time presence information, desktop sharing and conferencing and voice capabilities for Mac users. With Lync for Mac you can easily use different communication methods to best fit the discussion. Jump from an instant message conversation into an audio or video call and share your desktop, invite additional users to the call and send file attachments - all through the intuitive Lync for Mac user interface.
Lync for Mac is included in Office for Mac Standard 2011 which can be purchased through Microsoft Volume Licensing and is also available separately.
Instant messaging and presence
Audio and video conferencing
- Presence information lets you see whether a contact is available, in a meeting or out of the office
- Real-time presence information is based on calendar information, login status or user-defined status
- Get instant information on contacts by using contact cards, including photos
- Enhanced instant messaging with colleagues on different platforms and the ability to invite multiple parties to join the same conversation.
- Easily make computer-to-computer audio and video calls
- Create, moderate and join ad-hoc collaboration sessions and online meetings
- Set up online meetings from Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011
- Detailed attendee list provides a more robust meeting experience
- Features desktop sharing capabilities to enable enhanced collaboration between users.
- Make calls from a Mac and use it as a softphone
- Forward and transfer calls to devices and numbers
- Simultaneous ring allows for incoming calls to ring both Lync for Mac and another phone
- Redirect unanswered calls to another number, contact or voice mail
- Add outside phone numbers to your Contact List so you can call people who do not have Lync
- Note: some voice capabilities require Lync Server 2010 and are not available with Lync Online.
Minimum requirements for installing Lync for Mac 2011
Minimum requirements for audio/video and desktop sharing
- Processor - Intel only
- Operating system - Mac OS X v10.5.8 (Leopard) or later, including Mac OS X v10.6 (Snow Leopard) and Mac OS X v10.7 (Lion)
- Display - Super VGA 1280x800
- Other - Safari 5 or Firefox 5 for Meeting Join, Office for Mac 2011 for new integration features.
- Memory - 1 GB of RAM or more
- Voice - Compatible microphone and speakers, headset with microphone or equivalent device - e.g. built-in Apple iSight webcam
- Video - Compatible webcam - e.g. built-in Apple iSight webcam
- Internet connection - Broadband
Lync for Mac 2011 is fully compatible with Lync Server 2010 and Lync Online. Some features will not be fully functional with Lync Online including Voice options.
Lync for Mac does not work with Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 or earlier versions.