McAfee Enterprise Mobility Management (McAfee EMM) enables businesses to empower their work force with mobile productivity in a secure, simplified, streamlined way. The McAfee EMM solution delivers mobile data protection and mobile device management (MDM) through a combination of McAfee EMM, McAfee Secure Container for Android, McAfee VirusScan Mobile for Android (unmanaged), and McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (McAfee ePO) management.
Striking the right balance between security, usability, and manageability is essential. McAfee EMM provides just the right amount of security through:
- Access control by user, data, and device
- Network connectivity requirements including VPN and WiFi
- Enforcing of authentication and encryption
- Remote locking or full wiping of devices that are lost or stolen
- Independent anti-malware software to protect Android devices (and the networks they connect to) from malicious code
- Adding a Secure Container for Android for encrypted storage and to restrict cut and paste of data to unsecured areas.
Although business benefits from on-the-go productivity, mobile workers are often unaware of the additional business risks and complications that BYOD brings. So, businesses need to make it easy to keep data secure on employee-owned devices through features such as:
- Support of corporate- and employee-owned devices
- Easy, over-the-air provisioning and policy distribution
- Retaining the native iOS experience and encryption that users want
- Secure Container for Android to encrypt and separate work email, contacts, and calendar from personal data and to securely view documents
- Remote partial wiping of device which preserves personal information while protecting corporate data
- Support for the most used consumer devices including Android, iOS, and Windows Phone.
Mobile device management can be complicated so mobile-specific features and views help IT departments maintain control through:
Unified, enterprise-wide management
- Granular policy options, including by user, group, device, and operating system
- Mobile dashboards, views, and reports that are customizable or standardized
- Streamlined, automated processes, including device tagging to manage inventory and design-specific policies
- Analytics, alerting, monitoring, and reporting
- Identification and blocking of risky devices
- Hosting and distribution of commercial and enterprise apps
- Secure Container for Android to provide a single email client across a range of devices to make the help desk job easier
- Enterprise-class scalability of 25,000 devices per server or more than 100,000 devices with load balancing.
Unified management provides a comprehensive approach to enterprise-wide risk management with:
- Role-based administration
- Drag-and-drop actionable dashboards and alerts that are mobile specific or all endpoint views
- Support for authentication via Active Directory so the solution fit into your existing infrastructure
- Enterprise-wide management of mobile, traditional endpoints, and network and data center solutions from the same unified infrastructure
- True end-to-end security and compliance visibility.