Other product variants may be available, please contact us or
request a call back
if you cannot see what you are looking for.
Ipswitch WS_FTP Professional is a simple, feature packed, easy to use FTP client for transferring files over FTP, SSL, SSH or HTTP/S protocols. WS_FTP Professional provides a high level of security with support for 256 bit AES encryption, OpenPGP encryption and FIPS cryptography to ensure your files are protected through-out the transfer process and comes with a variety of ways to automate tasks such as email notification, synchronisation, compression, post-transfer event support and scheduling.
- Built-In Local File Encryption - OpenPGP encryption secures files and folders locally. Proven encryption technology protects sensitive data from misuse resulting from a lost or stolen computer. Secures files used as email and IM attachments or stored on laptops, networks, or removable media
- OpenPGP Encryption - Encrypt a file before transferring it to a remote server. OpenPGP mode automatically encrypts and signs (or decrypts) files prior to up/download. Double-layer protection when used in addition to transfer encryption over SSL/SSH
- Strongest Transport Encryption - 256-bit AES encryption protects files from being compromised during transfer over SSL / FTPS, SSH / SFTP, and HTTPS protocol connections. The highest level of encryption found in any commercially available file transfer client
- FIPS 140-2 Validated Cryptography - Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) approved and validated cryptography up to and including 256-bit AES encryption over SSL, SSH, and SCP2 protocols and OpenPGP file encryption
- Guaranteed Delivery - Built-in industry-leading file integrity algorithms, including CRC32, MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, and SHA-512, ensure that files have not been compromised during transport, and that the source and destination files are exact matches
- Integrated File Encryption - OpenPGP encrypts files for secure file management before and after transfer. Fully integrated public-key/private-key file encryption supports AES and 3DES ciphers, offers signature (key) strengths from 1,024 to 4,096 bits, and supportsRSA and Diffie-Hellman key types
- Non-Repudiation & Compression with MOVEit DMZ Server - Built-in automatic end-to-end file non-repudiation and compression between WS_FTP Professional and MOVEit DMZ server
- Keyboard-Interactive Authentication - Client support for dynamic client-server authentication. Users can authenticate and connect to SSH servers that require connecting clients to respond to server defined prompts for authentication, in addition to username
- Configure Email Notifications for SMTP Server Authentication - Users can easily set-up email notifications to be automatically sent when a file transfer occurs. Email notifications can now be configured for SMTP server authentication.
Ease Of Use
- Post Transfer File Automation - New file workflow capabilities enable users to schedule a post transfer action, such as deleting, moving, or renaming the source file after it has been transferred. Ten built-in macros for dynamically changing file names including MM, YY, YYYY, HH, MM, SS and more
- Backup - Safely archive your most important folders and files. Schedule and compress backups to any location or device, such as USB or DVD drives, network directories, server connections, FTP sites, or Internet hosting services
- Schedule - One-time or recurring file transfers can be scheduled to occur automatically
- Synchronisation - Synch to any location, virtually any device, drive, or server. Easily define which files get transferred and how new or updated files are handled
- Script - Use of our programming scripting tool to automate recurring transfer tasks
- Compress - Files can be automatically compressed into .zip format before uploading
- Record - Keep records of your WS_FTP usage with Transfer Manager, Transfer History, and Connection Log
- Email Notifications - Enable automatic email notifications to alert others that a transfer has occurred, and to verify that your transfer has been successful
- Improved User Interface - Several usability improvements have streamlined the WS_FTP Professional user interface, including new, modern toolbar icons; customizable display options that apply evenly to all visible controls; and availability of the licensing application in the German language
- Support for Microsoft IIS and Apache Web Servers - Connect and transfer files over HTTP/S connections with Microsoft IIS and Apache web servers with full file/folder listings and navigation
- Support for Networked UNC Paths - Ability to access UNC shared drives in your local folder by either IP address or machine name
- Guidance - Getting Started Guide, tutorials, and Connection Wizard make it easy to connect to an FTP or SSH server and transfer files¿even transfer multiple files at once
- Choice of Protocols - Transfer protocols include FTP, SSL, FTPS, SSH, SFTP, HTTP and HTTPS
- Search - Easily locate and transfer files using integrated Google, Copernic or Windows desktop search engines. Search by parameters such as file type, size and date
- Thumbnails - View, create and resize thumbnails of images stored on your computer or any remote server
- Workspaces - Save and instantly and simultaneously connect to multiple local and server connections
- Linked Folders - Simultaneously navigate any two connections with the same tree structure
- Simple Transfers - Drag-and-drop and one-click technology lets you move any size and type of files between your computer and a remote FTP or SSH server, or from one server to another
- Proxy Server - Ability for all file transfers over SSH to run through the proxy server over HTTP
- HotDrop Transfers - Drag files to a designated HotDrop folder for instant uploads
- Easy Citrix & Microsoft Administration - Centrally manage and rapidly deploy multiple-computer installations with Citrix and Microsoft terminal services for virtualized software management
- Silent Install - Customise installation configuration and quickly get large deployments up and running remotely, quickly, and easily
An Ipswitch Service Agreement provides you with:
- Unlimited live technical support via phone and e-mail
- Software Updates and Upgrades: Bug fixes, performance improvements, new features and Update/Upgrade releases are included for the support period.
Please note: You must register your software to receive support.
Terms of coverage
- Supported versions: Only the current version and one previous version and their associated add-ons (within 90 days of release of the current version) are supported.
- Term: Service is provided for one year from your date of purchase.
- Scope: Technical support is limited to the reporting and correction of product defects and installation and configuration assistance.
- Updates & Upgrades: All Updates & Upgrades (bug fixes, maintenance releases, and new feature versions) are included; any optional plug-ins, add-ons, and new product offerings are not included with this Agreement.
- Non-transferable: This Service Agreement cannot be transferred or assigned. It only applies to the specific covered product( s) duly licensed from Ipswitch or an authorized Ipswitch reseller.
- Third party products: This Agreement does not cover third party applications, hardware, or use of Ipswitch software in unsupported environments.
- Limitation of liability: Ipswitch's cumulative liability to you or any other party for any loss or damages resulting from any claims, demands or actions arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall not exceed the amount paid to Ipswitch for this Service Agreement.
WS_FTP Professional System Requirements
- Windows XP (32-bit), Windows Server 2003 (32-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit), Windows Server 2008 (32-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit)
- 233 megahertz (MHz) processor
- 64MB of RAM
- 2GB hard drive and 50MB free disk space during installation