Shipping is free within mainland UK (next working day subject to availability). Other product variants may be available, please contact us or
request a call back
if you cannot see what you are looking for.
PC-lint will thoroughly check your C/C++ source code for bugs, glitches, inconsistencies, non-portable constructs, and much more, so you can find and fix your bugs more quickly than with traditional debugging procedures.
- supports K&R C, ANSI C, ANSI/ISO C++
- explicit support for Microsoft, GNU and most other major compilers and libraries
- support for most major embedded-system compilers including bit addressing.
- numerous options to support rogue compilers
- scalars sizes can be specified for cross-compiling
- by number
- by number and symbol (including wild cards)
- one-line suppression
- by macro
- for library headers, by number (a header is library depending on how it is included; this can be overridden via user options)
- for specified functions, by number
- for expressions
Special Checking Facilities
- indirect files (nested to any depth) can contain filenames, options, environment variables
- format of lint error messages can be customized to support integration with a wide variety of editors and IDEs
- all options can be embedded in user code
- value tracking to detect subtle initialization and value misuse problems
- Inter-function Value Tracking -- The powerful inter-statement value tracking has been extended to cross function boundaries. Functions called with specific values are later processed, with these values used to initialize parameters. To take full advantage of inter-function tracking, a multi-pass operation has been introduced. The user can control the number of passes. (See Designer's Notes)
- with value tracking as an enabling technology, we support ¿semantics¿ checking for almost 100 library functions, this checking can be extended to user functions (see function mimicry)
- optional strong type checking (typedef-based) with a rich option set to detect nominal type differences. You can even form a fully checked type hierarchy of scalar types using only typedef
- user-defined semantic checking for function arguments and return values
- find unused macros, typedef's, classes, members, declarations, etc. across the entire project (see weak definials)
- checks flow of control for possibly uninitialized variables.
- explicit support for a subset of the MISRA C and MISRA C++ (TM) (Motor Industry Software Reliability Association) standards
- other special torture tests
- fast one-pass operation, with a multi-pass option for inter-function value tracking
- robust - tables will expand as needed to handle large applications
PC-lint for C/C++ runs on Microsoft Windows, MS-DOS, and OS/2.