The easy-to-use database software for Windows and Mac
Please see below for licensing options, pricing and availability.
Shipping is free within mainland UK (next working day subject to availability).
Other product variants may be available, please contact us or
request a call back
if you cannot see what you are looking for.
FileMaker provides easy to use database software for Windows and Mac users of any experience level who wish to collect and share information in a variety of ways, including through a network, over the web or in file formats such as PDF.
New in FileMaker Pro 12
New in FileMaker Server 12
- New themes - instantly change the look of your database by applying one of 40 new themes designed for your iPad, iPhone and desktop. Each theme comes with pre-defined fonts, colors, and object styling. In just a few clicks your layout has a professional, new look. Easily customise a layout to meet your needs by adding gradients, images, and more.
- New starter solutions - FileMaker Pro 12 comes with all-new Starter Solutions, re-built from the ground up to better showcase your data.
- Enhanced container fields - in FileMaker Pro 12, container fields have been re-engineered to improve database performance and make your solutions even easier to use.
- Fast, streamlined charting - new Quick Charts make it simple to create charts, plus get 5 new chart types including bubble, scatter, positive / negative, stacked bar and stacked column charts.
- Ready to go for iOS - comes with a set of built-in iPad and iPhone themes that optimise fonts, colors, buttons, and other objects for your device. Scripts and calculations have also been improved to help you more easily create iOS-ready solutions.
- Faster WAN performance - finding data can be up to 40% faster as FileMaker Server sends less data across the network with fewer round trips.
- 64-bit application - now a 64-bit application, FileMaker Server 12 can have more memory available to run even faster.
- More stable architecture - now scripts and plug-ins run together as a separate process and Progressive Backups run independently as well. So if one of these processes happens to fail, it won’t affect the database server.
- Progressively download media - now you can flip through records without waiting for files to completely download before moving to the next record (streaming (progressive download) not available when SSL is turned on).
- More efficient backups - FileMaker Server 12 introduces new Progressive Backup, which tracks the bits that have changed in your database, bundles and applies them to the baseline backup. This makes for faster and more efficient backups.
- Speedy web publishing - the web publishing engine in FileMaker Server 12 has been completely re-written and is now faster than ever.
FileMaker Pro 12
Powerful cross-platform database software:
FileMaker Pro 12 Advanced
- Get started quickly - start creating databases in minutes with the Quick Start Screen, a range of Starter Solutions or the Resource Center
- Cross-platform - works on both Windows and Mac operating systems
- Easy data import - import data from CSV, Tab, XML, ODBC, Microsoft Excel and Bento
- Reporting tools - create quick reports in a spreadsheet-like format or build custom reports and charts
- Data sharing - share your database with up to 9 other FileMaker Pro users simultaneously through a network, or export to Excel or PDF files
- Publish to web - publish your databases to the web and share with five concurrent users with Instant Web Publishing
- Connect to external SQL data sources - create live, 2-way connections with data in SQL Server, Oracle and MySQL
- Eye catching themes - choose from 40 themes to instantly change the look of your database
- iOS support - get design tools, themes, scripts and calculation functions that help you quickly build apps for the iPad and iPhone.
All the capabilities of FileMaker Pro, with the addition of:
FileMaker Server 12
- Custom menus - add, change or delete menu items or entire menu sets
- Script debugger - helps pinpoint problems in all scripts
- Custom functions - build your own functions and copy, paste or import them into any FileMaker Pro file
- Multiple table import - build or modify databases faster by importing multiple tables at once
- Data viewer - monitor fields, variables and calculations when troubleshooting
- Runtime maker - create standalone runtime solutions that don't require FileMaker Pro
- Kiosk maker - build applications where all menus are hidden
- External function plug-in API - build more robust calculations and extend database capabilities
- Database design report - run comprehensive reports on all elements of your database schema.
Server software for FileMaker Pro:
FileMaker Server 12 Advanced
- Setup and administration - install FileMaker Server in just 20 minutes or less
- Reliability and availability - get anytime access to your data with 24/7 availability and protect your data with scheduled live back-ups
- 64-bit application - now a 64-bit application, FileMaker Server 12 has more memory available to run even faster
- Security - manage user access through external authentication via Active Directory/Open Directory and use SSL encryption for secure data transfer
- Web publishing - create custom, data-driven websites using PHP or XML (supports up to 200 connections)
- Limit of 250 FileMaker Pro clients.
All of the capabilities of FileMaker Server 12, with the addition of:
- Administrator Groups - create Administrator Groups and assign specific server access privileges
- Group Start Page - display a list of all databases accessible to your team on one convenient web-based page
- Instant Web Publishing - easily publish and share databases over the web with up to 100 concurrent web users
- ODBC/JDBC connectivity - share data with other applications with ODBC/JDBC. Plus ODBC/JDBC clients can submit SQL queries to FileMaker databases
- No limit on the number of FileMaker Pro clients.