Other product variants may be available, please contact us or
request a call back
if you cannot see what you are looking for.
Idera Rapid SQL provides a powerful SQL IDE (Integrated Development Environment) to write high quality SQL code. Easily build queries using the visual query designer, add, view, edit and delete data and database objects, edit SQL with syntax highlighting and code folding support, and profile, debug and optimise SQL code. RapidSQL works across multiple database platforms, providing one common interface for maximum productivity. Supported databases include SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Sybase, DB2 for LUW and DB2 for z/OS.
Rapid SQL is available in a Standard edition or in a Professional edition to suit your requirements and budget. Amongst the additions in the Professional edition are SQL debugging tools. Rapid SQL also includes Rapid SQL Developer, an Eclipse-based IDE for developers that simplifies writing SQL for applications.
SQL Creation and Editing
Database Object Support
- The included SQL IDE supports code-folding, syntax highlighting, hot-key assignments and configurable auto replace of objects
- Context-sensitive DBMS actions provide quick access to common functionality
- Visual Query Builder enables easy construction of even the most complex SQL queries
- Code templates help to produce SQL more quickly
- Easily create, update and delete tables, indexes, views, stored procedures, functions, triggers and more
- Wizards help to increase productivity, prompting for the options that are applicable to objects found on the selected database platforms
- Execute commands against a selected group of objects
- Extended alter support generates scripts as a result of object manipulation
- Version control support for a range of systems including Microsoft SourceSafe, PVCS, Clear Case and Perforce). Supports standard operations such as get, checkout, check-in, history and diff.
- Secure your database environment by organising database objects into an offline repository so there is no damage to live database objects
Single-platform Licensing: Single-platform licensing enables the product to be run on one database platform only.
For multi-platform licensing
please refer to the XE edition of this product which is licenced to be used across all supported databases.
Rapid SQL Standard
The Standard edition includes the complete SQL development environment and Rapid SQL Developer Standard, an Eclipse-based SQL IDE for developers.
Rapid SQL Professional
Includes all the functionality of the Standard edition, plus:
- Code Analyst - Provides response time analysis on the execution of stored procedures and triggers
- SQL Debugger - Debug stored procedures, functions, packages and triggers (for DB2 LUW, Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase)
- SQL Profiler - Check the performance of, and optimise, your code (for Oracle databases only)
- Rapid SQL Developer Professional Edition - an Eclipse-based SQL IDE for developers with additional support for seamless debugging between Java and SQL
Rapid SQL supports the following DBMS:
- IBM DB2 for LUW 8.x, 9.x
- IBM DB2 for OS/390 z/OS 8.x, 9.x (Standard edition only)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008
- MySQL 4.x (Standard edition only)
- Oracle 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g
- Sybase ASE 12.5, 15.x
- Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows 2003 R2, Windows XP (SP1, SP2, SP3), Windows Vista (Ultimate, Business) - 32-bit only
- 512 MB memory
- 512 MB disk space
- DBMS Client connectivity utilities
- For ODBC, a supported ODBC driver
Rapid SQL Developer (Eclipse-based):
- Windows 2003, XP, Vista (32-bit), Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.0 (32-bit), SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 (32-bit)
- Sun Java 2 Standard Edition 5.0 Update 11 for Microsoft Windows or Linux: Sun Java 2 Standard Edition 5.0 Update 11 for Linux x86
- 1024 MB memory
- 500 MB disk space