For advice on this product or for a quote, please
to request a call back.
Least-Privilege Management for Windows Servers and Desktops
PowerBroker for Windows reduces the risk of accidental or intentional privilege misuse on physical and virtual Microsoft Windows servers and desktops. This least-privilege solution enables IT organizations to remove administrator privileges, enforce standard user permissions, simplify the enforcement of least-privilege policies, maintain application access control, and log privileged activities – all without hampering productivity. With PowerBroker for Windows IT closes security gaps, improves operational efficiency and achieves compliance objectives faster.
Elevate privileges on an as-needed basis, without exposing passwords or hampering productivity Enforce least-privilege access based on an application’s known vulnerabilities via patented Vulnerability-Based Application Management capabilities Demonstrate compliance by monitoring event logs and file integrity for unauthorized changes to key files and directories Capture keystrokes and screens when rules are triggered; with searchable playback for complete documentation of privileged activity Integrate with other BeyondTrust solutions for complete privileged account management
LEAST-PRIVILEGE FOR WINDOWS DESKTOPS AND SERVERS
- Eliminate administrator rights: Prevent intentional, accidental, and indirect misuse of privileges on Windows assets.
- Block suspicious activity: Enforce restrictions on software installation, usage, and OS configuration changes.
- Ensure compliance: Meet internal and external compliance needs by enforcing least-privilege and monitoring privileged activities.
- Ensure productivity: Default all users to standard privileges, while enabling elevated privileges for specific applications and tasks without requiring administrative credentials.
- Protect file systems: Add optional file integrity monitoring to identify, and even deny, unauthorized changes.
- Record sessions: Add optional session monitoring to capture screens of privileged user activity with keystroke logging to document all privileged changes to an asset.
- Pinpoint suspicious activity: Monitor Windows Event Logs for anomalies and analyse through BeyondInsight Behavioral Analytics.
- Maintain awareness: Monitor UAC events, application rules, requested elevations, denied applications, and more.
- Ensure accountability: Add optional session monitoring for rules-based activity recording, including screenshots and searchable keystroke logs.
GRANULAR APPLICATION RISK MANAGEMENT
- Understand and communicate risk: Leverage an interactive, role-based reporting and analytics console, backed by a centralized data warehouse for ongoing audits of privilege management activities.
- Control application usage: Blacklist hacking tools, whitelist approved applications, and greylist applications based on rules to keep systems safe.
- Allow Admin where needed: Proactively identify applications and tasks that require administrator privileges – and automatically generate rules for privilege elevation.
- Leverage Vulnerability-Based Application Management: Scan applications at runtime for vulnerabilities and allow, deny or alter privileges based on regulatory violations, vulnerability severity, and/or vulnerability age – based on the award-winning Retina vulnerability database.
- Quarantine files: Leverage BeyondInsight Clarity Threat Analytics for malware confidence reporting, enabling better risk decision-making
BUILT FOR EFFICIENCY
- Simplify application management: Rules-based approach eliminates the need to manage complex whitelists with thousands of signatures for complete application control.
- Gain control over all accounts: Automatically discover and profile all Windows accounts, and quickly bring them under centralized management.
- Ease policy creation and management: Set policies via Active Directory Group Policy or BeyondInsight Web Services, with support for air-gapped systems and non-domain assets.
- Ensure adoption and usability: Provide a modern, easy-to-use interface for end-users, plus an innovative dashboard for solution owners.
- Reduce help desk costs: Reduce support costs 40% or more by removing Admin without raising barriers to end-user productivity.
Least Privilege Made Simple
Activity Monitoring for Accountability
Eliminate admin rights and grant privileges to applications and tasks – not users – without providing administrator credentials, helping to achieve the best practice of least privilege and closing potential security gaps.
Ensure accountability with included Windows Event Log monitoring. Add optional file session monitoring and integrity monitoring for comprehensive auditing, reporting and change control across all privileged activity.
Vulnerability-Based Application Management (VBAM)
Leverage patented technology to automatically scan applications for vulnerabilities at run time – triggering alerts, enforcing quarantine, reducing application privileges, or preventing launch altogether based on policy.
Advanced Analytics and Reporting
Gain unmatched visibility into Windows user activity with centralized analytics and reporting for executives, auditors, security and operational teams.