Other product variants may be available, please contact us or
request a call back
if you cannot see what you are looking for.
BackupAssist performs automatic, scheduled backups of Microsoft Windows servers. It has comprehensive support for backup destinations including networks, NAS, RDX, iSCSI, local drives, optical disks and tape drives. It features fast and simple VSS-aware backups and granular restore tools (sold seperately) for Exchange, Hyper-V and SQL. It supports customisable bare metal recovery to same or dissimilar hardware using RecoverAssist along with remote backup management and reporting using the Central Administration Console.
Effortlessly backup your IT infrastructure, both systems and data
BackupAssist makes the core decisions easy guiding you through: what to backup, where to backup and when to backup.
Rapidly retrieve data from your backup
- Back up files and applications or complete servers using: System Protection, File Protection and File Archiving.
- Standard backups are VSS-Aware allowing for real-time backups of Exchange, SQL, Hyper-V and other VSS applications.
- Back up Hyper-V machines, including those in CSV environments.
- Back up SQL Servers on a near-continuous basis (minimum every 15 minutes) for maximum protection.
- Use a single Exchange backup to restore both Exchange Servers and individual mail items.
- A tailored selection of schemes that provide both daily and historical backups with media labelling and notifications.
- Create, manage, monitor and report on your backups in real time both locally and remotely.
BackupAssist provides an integrated suite of restore technologies that step you through the restore process.
Swiftly rebuild your entire system from a backup
- BackupAssist will catalogue your backups so they are easy to locate and associate them with the appropriate restore tool.
- Use the Restore Console to search multiple backups at the same time or browse a single backup to locate the data you want.
- Restore individual files from a Hyper-V guest and its host or restore the virtual machine itself.
- Restore an Exchange Server's databases, mailboxes and individual mail items like emails from a single backup.
- Restore an entire SQL Server, databases or individual transactions.
You can rely on BackupAssist to recover your systems and data quickly and minimise your downtime
Remote administration made easy
- Create a customised, bootable recovery media using RecoverAssist.
- Launch a custom recovery environment with support files, drivers and command line support.
- Select from a list of recovery tools and applications and add them to your recovery media.
- Access an image backup from a local drive, network share or iSCSI target and perform a bare-metal recovery of your system and data.
The remote tools provided by BackupAssist make managing multiple machines quick and easy.
- Central Administration can be used to perform remote backups, remote restores and real-time monitoring and reporting.
- The two main technologies in Central Administration are: Remote console - a web application that can be used from anywhere on your LAN to view reports and to start, stop and monitor your backup jobs. Remote session - open a remote session and manage another computer's BackupAssist installation so you can create and modify backup jobs and restore data.