For advice on this product or for a quote, please
to request a call back.
Avira Server Security shields your network¿s central receiving and distributing points against security breaches. Whether you need to protect a single central file server, or a mix of Windows or Unix servers across multiple sites, choose Avira and consider it done. Avira Server Security scans files and archives in real time, using minimal processing power. Automatic updates ensure the best possible protection at all times. The Avira Management Console allows you to scan or troubleshoot your servers right from your desktop.
Optimum protection against malware
Efficient configuration and administration
- Constantly evolving detection technology traps emerging forms of malware that escape traditional virus scanning methods.
- IPv6 protocol, the emerging standard for internet addresses, is fully supported. Avira protects you in today¿s online world¿and tomorrow¿s too.
- Advanced heuristics detect and ward off unknown or rapidly changing attackers.
- Every file access is monitored through an integrated on-access scanner as well as an on-demand scanner for manual and time-driven search runs.
- Behaviour-based detection technology repels potential malware attacks immediately. (Windows)
- Password protection options prevent unauthorized server access. (Windows)
- Scanning capabilities include offline virtual machine images and automatic archive detection (ZIP, RAR, GZIP, ARJ, LZH, LHA, ACE, etc.). Archive types to be scanned and recursion depth are configurable.
- The Avira Management Console facilitates network-wide administration from a single control panel.
- An integrated scheduler automates network-wide tasks such as tests and updates.
- Quarantine management functionality isolates and organizes infected and suspicious files so they can be handled according to the administrator¿s discretion. (Windows)
- Server load is minimized thanks to small, bandwidth-saving updates of program and virus detection databases.
- Comprehensive notification and reporting functions allow administrators to identify network vulnerabilities quickly and respond immediately to problems.
- RPM package management support helps simplify installation and administration, saving even more time and resources. (Unix)
- SNMP trap support allows security-related processes to be sent within the system. Automatic product updates can be triggered via the Avira Management Console, thus ensuring that the latest version is always installed (Unix).
RAM dedicated for Avira Server
- Windows Server 2003 (32-bit or 64-bit), SP2
- Windows Server 2003 (32-bit or 64-bit) with activated terminal services, SP2
- Windows Server 2008 (WebServer Edition, Standard Edition, Datacenter Edition, Enterprise Edition) 32-bit or 64-bit, with Terminal Server Support
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (Standard Edition, Enterprise Edition, Datacenter Edition and Foundation Edition), 64-bit only
- Citrix Presentation Server up to version 4.x inclusive.
- 512 MB, 2 GB recommended (Windows Server 2003)
- 1024 MB (Windows Server 2008).
- At least 150 MB (additional temporary and quarantine space needed).
- Pentium computer with at least 1 GHz CPU.
- Administrator rights are required for installation under Windows.
- ProActive is currently supported on Windows 32-bit systems only.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 Server
- Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, 10 - 10.3, 11
- Debian GNU/Linux 4, 5
- Ubuntu Server Edition 8, 9
- Sun Solaris 10 (SPARC)
- Novell Open Enterprise Server 2
- Novell Open Enterprise Server 1.
- 192 MB
- 512 MB for Sun Solaris.
- 100 MB temporary hard drive memory (plus temporary hard drive memory for archive support).
- The external kernel module Dazuko 3.0 is required for the installation of the AVGuards under Unix.
- Sun Solaris 9 (SPARC) won't be supported any longer as of October 30, 2012.
- Use under 64-bit Linux: Please use the required 32-bit libraries.
- Administration through the AMC: Please consider that the libstdc++so.5 is required for the AMC agent.