For advice on this product or for a quote, please
to request a call back.
Avira Professional Security delivers ironclad protection for Windows and Unix. Take advantage of automated updating and centralised management and free up IT staff time. Growing your business should be the first thing on your mind; phishing and malware should be the last.
Optimum protection against malware
Efficient configuration and administration
- Constantly evolving detection technology traps emerging forms of malware that escape traditional virus scanning methods.
- IPv6 protocol, the emerging standard for internet addresses, is fully supported. Avira protects you in today¿s online world ¿ and tomorrow¿s too.
- Advanced heuristics detect and ward off unknown or rapidly changing attackers.
- Every file access is monitored through an integrated on-access scanner as well as an on-demand scanner for manual and time-driven search runs.
- Behaviour-based detection technology repels potential malware attacks immediately (Windows).
- Integrated Web Protection examines HTTP-based internet data traffic for viruses and malware. An AntiDrive-by component allows phishing and malware URLs to be blocked automatically (Windows).
- Integrated Mail Protection (POP3, IMAP and SMTP) examines incoming and outgoing email messages and attachments (Windows).
- The Avira FireWall checks and controls incoming and outgoing network traffic and can be managed through the Avira Management Console (Windows).
- The Avira Management Console facilitates network-wide administration from a single control panel.
- An integrated scheduler automates network-wide tasks such as tests and updates.
- Quarantine management functionality isolates and organizes infected and suspicious files for prompt action (Windows).
- Server load is minimized thanks to small, bandwidth-saving updates of program and virus detection databases.
- Comprehensive notification and reporting functions allow administrators to identify network vulnerabilities quickly and respond immediately to problems.
- RPM package management support helps simplify installation and administration, saving even more time and resources (Unix).
- SNMP trap support allows security-related processes to be sent within the system. Automatic product updates can be triggered via the Avira Management Console.
- Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows Vista SP1 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows XP SP3 (32-bit)
- Windows XP SP2 (64-bit).
- At least 1024 MB RAM (Vista/Windows 7)
- At least 512 MB RAM (Windows XP).
- 150 MB available disk space (additional temporary and quarantine space needed).
- Computer Pentium or later, at least 1 GHz.
- Administrator rights, an internet connection and a web browser are required during installation.
- ProActive is currently supported on Windows 32-bit systems only.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4, 5 Desktop
- Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 9, 10 - 10.2, 11
- Debian GNU/Linux 4, 5
- Ubuntu Desktop Edition 8, 9
- Sun Solaris 10 (SPARC)
- 512 MB for Linux
- 1024 MB for Sun Solaris.
- 100 MB plus 20 MB temporary storage on the hard disk.
- The external kernel module Dazuko 3.0 is required for the installation of the AVGuards under Unix.
- Use under 64-bit Linux: Please use the required 32-bit libraries.
- Administration through the Avira Management Console: Please consider that the libstdc++so.5 is required for the Avira Management Console agent.