Other product variants may be available, please contact us or
request a call back
if you cannot see what you are looking for.
Outlook Connector for MDaemon opens up the groupware collaboration functions of Microsoft Outlook to small and mid-sized businesses by using MDaemon as the email messaging server. With Outlook Connector for MDaemon you can stay in touch with employees, co-workers, customers and vendors by sharing Outlook's email, calendar with free/busy scheduling, address book, distribution lists, tasks, notes and more. As with MDaemon, Outlook Connector is designed for businesses with little or no professional computer support. Its simplicity, economy and extensive features make Outlook Connector for MDaemon the recognised way to use Outlook's groupware collaboration tools on a small to mid-sized business budget.
Groupware Functions Integration
Real time synchronisation
- Outlook Connector links the content sharing functions of Outlook to the groupware functions built into MDaemon.
- This plug-in enables Outlook users to share their calendars, messages, contacts, tasks, notes, and other items using MDaemon as the email server platform.
Easy on Budgets
- Additions or changes made in Outlook are synchronised in real-time on the server.
- No user synchronisation is required.
Runs on Current and Legacy Systems
- Outlook Connector and the groupware functions of MDaemon make the benefits of Outlook sharing economical for small and mid-size businesses.
- Outlook Connector is designed to be installed and configured without requiring an extensive IT background or expensive certifications. At the same time, it has fine tuning options making it popular with IT professionals.
- Both Outlook Connector and MDaemon run on either legacy or current hardware and operating systems.
- There is no need to upgrade to costly hardware and operating systems to enjoy the benefits of group sharing.
- Many types of small and large businesses can benefit from Outlook Connector.
- Business types include manufacturers and service enterprises, law offices, insurance companies, hospitals and doctor offices, charities and non-profit organisations, schools and school districts, financial planners, government agencies, technology companies.
Sharing by Degrees
- The Outlook Connector license is separate from the MDaemon license and may be a different size.
- You can purchase an Outlook Connector license for the number of users who actually use Outlook Connector. It is not required for the MDaemon and the Outlook Connector license sizes to match.
Outlook and Web Mail Access
- Options for sharing vary from only showing the availability of the information to allowing complete control to add, change and delete.
Apply Sharing Permissions to Subfolders
- Outlook Connector uses the same shared information available through MDaemon's built-in web mail, WorldClient.
- You can view your shared information via WorldClient or Outlook.
- When setting up sharing permissions, you can apply the permissions to the current folder and, optionally, all of its subfolders.
- Grouping support allows you to organise mail different ways within Outlook. Outlook Connector provides support for this popular capability.
'Send immediately...' Support
- Outlook Connector supports Outlook's delivery confirmation function.
- Outlook Connector supports the 'Send Immediately' function of Outlook.
Mail Folder Support
- All incoming messages go to the Outlook Inbox.
Fast Message Transfer
- Mail folders can be shared without needing to use an Outlook IMAP account. Users have only one Inbox, and sent messages are saved to their IMAP Sent Items folder.
Modest System Requirements
- Moving messages among folders is fast.
Local Cache Storage
- Outlook Connector requires few system resources on the computers running MDaemon and Outlook.
- Outlook Connector has an easy way to select a location for the local cache storage if you need to move it from the default.
- Outlook Connector uses MAPI service provider technology, which is Microsoft Outlook's native technology.
- Outlook Connector replaces the troublesome PST files with fast and reliable local data storage.
- Outlook Connector uses industry standard SMTP and IMAP protocols to facilitate cost-effective, open and secure communications.
- Outlook Connector uses the standards-compliant MDaemon for its groupware functionality.
- Outlook Connector is easy to install and set up on both MDaemon and Outlook.
Grows with Your Needs
- Enable sharing by server or domain.
- Add users individually or in bulk.
- Automatically add Outlook users on first use.
- Keep contact lists up to date.
- The default settings of Outlook Connector create an easy entry point for beginners.
- Detailed configuration options provide fine-tuning controls for experienced users and IT professionals.
Easy Client Functions
- Through Outlook, each account holder assigns content sharing options to other users.
Folder Ownership Display
- Share selected folders. Set up sharing options by user.
- In Outlook 2003 and later, Outlook Connector displays the name of folder owners adjacent to the folder name
'Out of Office' Editor
- Outlook Connector is localised in multiple languages. When using system-level folders -such as Drafts, Calendar, and Contacts-Outlook Connector users see these folders names in their selected language,
- Administrators of MDaemon see the names in English.
- MDaemon has a function for setting up server-side auto-responder messages for individual accounts. Outlook Connector extends access to this function to Outlook.
- You can use this function for setting up 'out of office' messages, for example.
Easy Installation: Outlook Connector is easy to install and set up on both MDaemon and Outlook.
Easy Sharing: Through Outlook, each account holder assigns content sharing options to other users.
Complete Sharing: Options for sharing vary from only showing the availability of the information to allowing complete control to create, change and delete.
Sharing Integration: Outlook Connector uses the same shared information available through MDaemon's built-in web mail (WorldClient) and Outlook. View your shared information from anywhere via WorldClient.
Usability: The default settings of Outlook Connector create an easy entry point for beginners. At the same time, its configuration options provide fine-tuning controls for experienced users and professionals.
Industry Standard: Many enterprises are opting for standardized tools to facilitate cost-effective, open and secure communications. Outlook Connector uses the standards-compliant MDaemon for its groupware functionality.
Economy: Both Outlook Connector and MDaemon are economical to purchase, install, maintain and operate. They both run on either legacy or current hardware and software.
Stability: By using the MAPI service provider technology, which is Microsoft Outlook's native technology, Outlook Connector replaces the troublesome PST files with fast and reliable local data storage.
Convenience: All incoming messages go to the Outlook Inbox. Practicality: MDaemon's groupware functionality makes professional-quality sharing available to budget-minded enterprises with or without IT personnel.