ActivePython Business and Enterprise Editions provide a precompiled, technically supported Python distribution for easy Python installation and quality-assured Python code. When you're using Python on production servers or mission-critical applications, ActivePython Business and Enterprise Editions offer significant time savings over open source Python for installing, managing and standardising your Python.
Tested, timely and compatible
Save time in your development cycles by starting with a precompiled Python distribution for out-of-the-box installation and standardisation across the operating systems you rely on, including Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris, AIX, and HP-UX. Develop once and deploy successfully across your production environment.
ActivePython Business and Enterprise Editions include:
Reduce risk with commercially supported platform
- Precompiled Python distribution for out-of-the-box installation, including ActivePython 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, and 3.1 (version and module/package and platform availability vary by version and operating system)
- Core Python binaries
- Additional binaries for popular packages/modules through Python Package Manager (PyPM)
- Access to PyPM Index for easy searching through an additional 7,000 third-party Python packages
- Full license review including all included third-party Python modules with assurances to minimise risk (indemnification and assurance on license review only provided in Enterprise Edition)
- Extended documentation.
Save time with support from the Python experts
- Comply with corporate requirements to have supported open source products
- Rely on ActiveState's full license review including all precompiled third-party Python packages with assurances to minimise risk and protect your organisation from legal risk with indemnification coverage (indemnification and assurance on license review only provided in Enterprise Edition).
With ActivePython Business and Enterprise Editions, you get the technical support you need so you save time and get to market faster.
Additional Python modules
- Comply with requirements to have supported open source products
- Keep your development issues private
- Count on dynamic languages expertise at your fingertips
- Free up precious development time to focus on your core competencies
- Ensure maximum uptime for your business-critical applications.
ActivePython Business and Enterprise Editions give you access to additional Python packages (Python modules) that are not available in ActivePython Community Edition. Modules available exclusively through Business and Enterprise Editions are:
Additional Operating Systems
- Database Modules - mysql-python, psycopg2, cx_Oracle, pyodbc, and pymssql
- Crypto Modules - M2Crypto for OpenSSL
- GUI Toolkit Modules - PyQt and wxPython.
ActivePython Business and Enterprise Editions extend your ability to perform and develop application for the following additional operating systems:
For community developers or non-production servers. Free but with community support only. Licenced for use on non-production and internal servers only.
For production servers, external-facing servers and business-critical applications.
- Includes additional builds for Solaris, HP-UX and AIX
- Email support
- 2-day response time
- 1 technical contact.
For larger implementations and mission-critical applications. All of the features of the Business Edition, plus:
- Unlimited phone and email support
- 2 business hours response time for critical issues, 4 business hours response time for severe issues, 1 business day response time for minor issues
- 2 technical contacts
- Quality assurance guarantee and indemnification options.