- Hardware failure: Hardware running Windows Server 2003 may not be supported due to its age and presents a security risk or chance of failure. The manufacturer might not be able to support the hardware which could create vulnerabilities in your IT infrastructure.
- Escalation of operational/support costs: Running Windows Server 2003 on old servers can cost more money in power management, create inefficiency and cause issues when running large amounts of data.
- Non compliance: Not migrating your business could most likely fail to meet industry compliance standards such as HIPAA, PCI, SOX and Dodd-Frank which could have a major impact to your day to day business.
- Security breach: Your company is vulnerable to security and data breaches through unsupported servers. With the end of support for Windows Server 2003 your business leaves itself open to attacks and loss of key data.
- Application failure: The risk to applications due to the end of support for Windows Server 2003 creates a bigger issue for organisations who have spent resources, time and investment in key bespoke apps. The implications of not migrating can expose the app to security issues and cause larger issues in the future.
There is still time to migrate, but what's the best path for your business:
- Microsoft Azure: a cloud-based data platform and infrastructure that offers scalability based on your needs and the flexibility to integrate services. Microsoft Azure can also provide you with secure storage to backup your data within a scalable environment. Check out our Azure showcase or call Grey Matter for more information.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012/R2: The latest server in the evolution of Windows servers. Windows Server 2012/R2 offers virtualisation, management, storage, networking, virtual desktop infrastructure, access and information protection, the web and application platform, and more.
Your data is vital to your business and keeping it secure even after Windows Server 2003 has gone end of life is still a priority. By using backup software you can secure your data within your current IT environment while waiting to migrate to your new platform.
Backup tools are available from the following publishers:
For more information on your options for migrating or securing your data please complete the form and Grey Matter will contact you and help you understand the migration options or call us direct on +44 (0) 1364 654100.