Windows 10 comes in four unique flavours:
Windows 10 Home offers a familiar and personal experience that will be updated with the latest security features on an ongoing basis. You can get all the new features of Windows 10 for Home on your PC, mobile and Surface device to keep your user experience consistent and simple. With streaming for the Xbox, Office 365, and Cortana, your Windows experience has never been so feature rich.
Windows 10 Pro is designed for small and medium businesses. This version enables organisations to manage devices and applications, protect business data, facilitate remote and mobile scenarios and take advantage of cloud technologies. Windows 10 Pro devices are a good choice for organisations supporting “Choose Your Own Device” (CYOD) programmes. Customers with Windows 10 Pro devices can take advantage of the latest security updates on an ongoing basis while having the ability to install new feature updates after those have been validated in the broad market.
Windows 10 Enterprise builds on Windows 10 Pro by adding more advanced features designed to address the needs of large and mid-size organisations. Examples include advanced protection against modern security threats, broadest range of options for OS deployment, update, as well as comprehensive device and app management. Windows 10 Enterprise allows IT managers to ensure devices will be able to take advantage of the latest security and feature updates on an ongoing basis, while having an ability to choose the pace at which they adopt new technology. Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise will be available to Volume Licensing customers and includes additional support for a flexible and enterprise-friendly way to manage updates on mobile devices.
Windows 10 Education builds on Windows 10 Pro, adding features designed to address advanced security and comprehensive device control and management needs. Windows 10 is built to simplify deployment by providing a direct path for multiple devices to upgrade from Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Education, without the need to wipe and reload the OS.
- Multi-tasking takes on a whole new level with Windows 10:
- Snap four apps in one single view to get all the information in one place.
- Create virtual desktops when you need and add more space for group projects.
- Meet Cortana, your personal digital assistant which works across your devices to help you manage your day, find information and set reminders. Cortana integrates directly with Windows 10 and Office 365 and learns your preferences to provide appropriate recommendations and notifications at home, in the office or on the go.
- Windows 10 is designed to look great on all your devices and has been engineered to work with and without keyboards to give you the freedom to be anywhere at any time and connect to your important information.
- The Start menu is back with space to pin your favourite apps. And simple navigation means you don’t need to spend much time learning anything new.