vRanger provides backup and recovery capabilities for VMware virtual environments and physical Windows servers. Get fast, affordable and scalable protection that's easy to use and easy to manage. vRanger supports VMware ESX and ESXi systems and can backup and restore any guest VM supported by VMware.
vRanger is available in two editions: vRanger Standard Edition provides simple and fast data protection for small virtual environments and vRanger Pro adds improved scalability and disaster recovery capabilities for any size virtual or physical Windows environment.
- Easy to learn and use
- Takes minutes to configure and start protecting the environment
- Efficient, agentless architecture for protecting virtual and physical environments
- Comprehensive protection for both virtual and physical environments that can be managed from one simple interface
- Automated virtual appliance deployment through Static IP support
- Employs fastest I/O path available, ensuring high-speed performance with minimal disruption to production systems.
- Multi-threaded processing executes multiple operations in parallel to reduce backup job windows and replication job windows.
- Patented Active Block Mapping (ABM) reduces amount of data transferred to only changed blocks with active data, significantly reducing backup/replication job windows, network utilisation and storage requirements.
- Comprehensive resource-allocation control ensures data protection operations complete optimally with minimal impact on production systems and networks.
- Increased scalability through optional Virtual Appliance, which includes a simple deployment of Linux, and DHCP support, and distributes job execution while providing centralised control on the vRanger server.
- A single vRanger Virtual Appliance can support a cluster of hosts for scalable protection.
- EMC Data Domain Boost integration reduces network load, improves backup performance, and reduces backup storage requirements.
- NetVault SmartDisk vRanger Edition provides enterprise-class deduplication at an SMB price. Its industrial-strength, byte-level, variable-block-size deduplication is built on a hardware-agnostic architecture, making it easy to expand capacity.
- VMware Ready certification ensures seamless integration and support for vSphere APIs, features, performance and scalability.
- vSphere 5 vMotion support ensures vRanger automatically protects VMs as they move from one host to another, even when backup jobs are running.
- Support for vSphere 5 vMotion ensures vRanger follows VM storage disks when they are relocated to different data stores, and locks VM storage disks when vRanger accesses the disks during a job.
Efficient Backup and Recovery
- One centralised installation provides VMware ESX and ESXi backup across your entire vSphere environment.
- Native cataloging efficiently indexes file metadata for easy search recovery.
- Offloads applications, host operations, and the network by leveraging the virtual infrastructure.
- Automatically backs up new virtual machines as new resource objects are provisioned.
Robust and Flexible Disaster Recovery
- Replicate virtual machines for flexible and cost-effective off-site disaster recovery preparedness.
- Combine backup and replication jobs to ensure you meet your organization’s SLAs for recovery-time and recovery-point objectives.
- Ensure ESX and ESXi replication across your entire vSphere environment with one centralized installation.
- Perform quick recovery on site or at remote sites.
Virtualised application support
- Agentless implementation of Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) ensures application-consistent snapshots for critical transactional servers with the option to truncate application logs.
- Image-level backups are compatible with object-level and application-specific recovery with Quest Recovery Manager for Exchange and Recovery Manager for SharePoint.
- Unicode support ensures functionality in multi-byte environments.