Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 now available
Published: June 20, 2014
Now generally available, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 delivers a single platform for enterprises to realize the convergence of computing across the open hybrid cloud, from bare metal and virtual machines to the cloud.
Key Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 features to address next-generation IT needs include:
- Enhanced application development, delivery, portability and isolation through Linux Containers, including Docker, across physical, virtual, and cloud deployments as well as development, test and production environments.
- Significant file system improvements, including XFS as the default file system, scaling to 500 TB.
- Cross-realm trust to easily enable secure access for Microsoft Active Directory users across Microsoft Windows and Red Hat Enterprise Linux domains, providing the flexibility for Red Hat Enterprise Linux to co-exist within heterogeneous datacenters.
- Powerful and secure application runtimes and development, delivery and troubleshooting tools, integrated into the platform and container-ready.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 serves as not only a catalyst for enterprise innovation, but also delivers the military-grade security and the mission-critical reliability, as well as the performance, the features and the ease-of-use to efficiently “keep the lights on,” including:
- Innovative infrastructure components like systemd, a leading standard for modernising the management of processes, services, security and other resources.
- Built-in performance profiles, tuning and instrumentation for optimized performance and easy scalability.
- Unified management tooling and an industry-standard management framework with OpenLMI for streamlined administration and system configuration.
- Enhanced application isolation and security applied via containerisation to protect against both unintentional interference and malicious attacks.
Find out more about Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.