New Auto Attendant and Call Queue features now available in Skype for Business in Office 365
Published: March 30, 2017
Microsoft has released two new advanced calling features to the Skype for Business PBX: Auto Attendant and Call Queues. These enhancements improve efficient communication within the workplace and will help improve customer service.
Auto Attendant gives users the ability to answer and route inbound calls using dial-pad inputs and speech recognition, via an automated system. The Call Queues feature enables incoming calls to be routed to the next available live attendant, in the order that they are received.
Cloud PBX: Auto Attendant
Automated business line system for inbound calls
- Answers with voice prompts or text-to-speech (27 languages).
- Accepts input with DTMF or speech recognition (14 languages).
- Designed for company calls to particular department or person.
Attendants associated with a specific service number
- Service numbers available around the world for customers with Cloud PBX license.
- Tolled and toll-free supported; customers can also port their existing numbers.
Multiple routing options
- Will search against the organisation Active Directory for routing to users.
- Menu options (press one for sales, press two for service) single and multi-level.
Cloud PBX: Call Queues
Automated call distribution for Cloud PBX
- Plays a prompt, then queues caller with licensed Music on Hold for available agent.
- Up to 50 agents and 200 calls in the queue.
- Uses the service number infrastructure for inbound calls.
Simple agent configuration
- Agents can be Distribution Groups or mail-enabled Security Groups.
- Calls routed in parallel to every agent simultaneously, except offline and do not disturb (DND).
- Single agent can have multiple queue calls on hold.
Timeout and overflow options
- Disconnect or redirect to user, Auto Attendant or Call Queue.
Contact us on +44 (0) 1364 655196 to find out more about Skype for Business and Office 365.