Open Source Development Training, 26 April, Plymouth
Plymouth Science Park, 1 Davy Road, Derriford, Plymouth PL6 6BX
Whether you develop and distribute software, or you’re a company that receives software through a supply chain, join us for an CPD Accredited training course that will help you implement a governance program for your software security.
What does the course cover?
This interactive training track covers 2 key topics:
- The basic principles of open source software licensing, the different types of licence and the obligations to be compliant
- Industry best practise and how to implement a Free Open Source Software (FOSS) compliance program
During the 5-hour course you will cover:
- What is Intellectual Property (IP)?
- An Introduction to FOSS licences and compliance
- Key software concepts for FOSS review
- Running a FOSS Review
- An example of End-to-End Compliance Management
- How to avoid compliance pitfalls
- How to practically implement a FOSS compliance program to conform with OpenChain Specification
Who can go on this course?
This course has been designed to be accessible to anyone that is involved with software management – whether you’re an operational executive, software development manager, software architect, or product manager.
Does this apply to your development system?
You’ll learn about the basic principles, concepts and processes needed to implement a Free Open Source Software compliance program within your business, regardless of your development systems.
Find out more:
If you’d like to find receive more information about this training course, get in touch with us on (+44) 1364 654100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’d like to find out more about the importance of security within the Software Supply Chain, read this article: https://codematters.online/how-secure-is-your-supply-chain-why-securing-the-supply-chain-will-become-a-big-focus/