- We require a 1st line systems technician or engineer to join our existing Service Desk team in providing remote technical support to our existing customer base.
- You must be able to demonstrate good interpersonal skills, telephone manner and have a solid understanding of supporting desktop operating systems. You will form part of a team that acts as the first point of contact for troubleshooting technical issues for customers. Ideally, you will be able to prioritise workload and manage customer expectations.
- Familiarity of working within SLA environments is preferable. A basic understanding of server administration and diagnostics would also be advantageous though training will be provided.
The Job involves a high level of decision making at an individual customer and contract level. Problems should be referred to a manager. Little to no supervision is necessary.
- Providing excellent customer service
- Acting as one of the first points of contact for customers and internal staff, respond to all inbound communication following the correct processes to ensure that we meet the customers’ needs and requirements from the outset
- Providing support on all issues passed to you in a 1st line capacity and take responsibility for your own workload
- Operate within the departments work procedures and escalation process when establishing whether a call is beyond the skillset of your team and requires escalating
- Demonstrate willingness to expand your capabilities through learning and development as well as an understanding of new technologies
- Through an understanding of call prioritisation and Service Level Agreements (SLA) ensure we adhere to our varying customer contractual agreements and that all support information is recorded ongoing
- Monitor ongoing the list of outstanding support calls to ensure all calls are work in progress and take appropriate steps to resolve where this is not the case
- Support the desired culture of continuous improvement (business and people) and knowledge management ongoing, by identifying and agreeing solutions and recommendations where improvements can be made
- Working in a high pressured environment to deadlines and prioritising workflow
- Office based role, requiring concentration for periods which can be in excess of two hours
- Assist colleagues when they are under pressure
- Some travel may be required
Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications:
- 5 GCSE grade C and above including Math’s and English Experienced in the execution of superior customer service skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- An interest in I.T with a willingness to expand your own skills and knowledge
Skills and Technical competencies:
- Competent in remote support of PCs / End Users with a good telephone manner
- Accurate recording of fault detail with the ability to interact and communicate effectively with customers
- The ability to prioritise workload, support calls, understand business impact and allocate / escalate calls if necessary
- Understanding the concept of an outsourced I.T helpdesk and therefore identifying customer needs and managing expectations within contractual commitments
- Confidence and ability to feedback on issues that may hinder call progression and escalation
- Competent in identifying opportunities to improve ways of working
- Microsoft Certified on a desktop Operating System. (Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 / 8.1)
- Basic understanding of Windows Server administration (Provisioning users, reset passwords)
- Familiarity with server management tools (HP System Manager, Dell OpenManage)
- Familiarity with monitoring and troubleshooting Backups. (Symantec Backup Exec, Veeam)
- An understanding of networking and basic troubleshooting tools (Ping, NSLookup, Tracert)
- Experience with 3rd Party Vendors (HP, Dell, Lenovo) for warranty claims / faulty parts
- Be aware of the Company’s aims and organisational values
- Personal responsibility for data protection
- Demanding of self and others
- Creative problem solving
- Professional, courteous and receptive to others needs both inside the company and also with our publishers/vendors
There may be development opportunities available that might increase the post holders responsibilities and duties. These will be discussed with you and agreed. The above tasks are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required at times to carry out other appropriate duties as deemed by their line manager.
If you'd be interested in this role we'd like to hear from you. For more information contact us: