Veeam Backup & Replication Enterprise Plus For VMware [Commercial - Additional Maintenance (4-Years) (1) Socket - Electronic Multiple Platforms]
Published By: Veeam
Our Part #: 1125170 |
delivered via Email
Veeam Backup & Replication makes it easy to backup and restore virtual machines running on VMware vSphere or Hyper-V. Its 2-in-1 backup and replication provides the most comprehensive protection for your virtual infrastructure. With Veeam Backup & Replication you can deliver near continuous data protection, backup up to 5 times faster than native tools, restore files and data at a granular level and much more.
Whats new in Veeam Backup & Replication 8?
Backup from Storage Snapshots and Veeam Explorer for Storage Snapshots - now available for NetApp
Veeam's storage snapshot technology is now available from NetApp storage. NetApp integration supports NFS, FC and iSCSI connectivity and both 7-mode and cluster-mode deployment options. All Data ONTAP storage is supported, including NetApp FAS, FlexArray (V-Series), Edge VSA and IBM N Series.
Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Active Directory
Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Active Directory makes item-level recovery with Active Directory easier than ever by providing instant individual restoration of AD object attributes, objects and entire containers. Recover user and account passwords, perform 1-click compare and easily search for specific objects and attributes.
Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SQL Server
New functionality in Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SQL Server provides 1-click individual SQL database recovery, a web-based restore portal, agentless transaction log backup and replay, point-in-time SQL database recovery and full support for SQL AlwaysOn Availability Groups.
Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange
New functionality in Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange provides a web-based restore portal for delegated help desk operators who need to restore secure mailboxes without having access to the content, ability to recover hand-deleted items, support for searching and recovery of Online Archive mailboxes and more.
EMC Data Domain Boost
With EMC Data Domain Boost (DDBoost), you get source-side data deduplication, yielding faster, more efficient backups that enable lower RPOs and lower exposure to data loss.
With Veeam's built-in data encryption you can secure data end-to-end: at source, in flight and at rest. Unique password loss protection enables IT managers to maintain the ability to recover backups even if the passwords set on backups by your IT staff are lost, all without compromising security.
Improve offsite backup and recovery with additional replication enhancements from Veeam, allowing you to reduce the impact on your WAN link, reduce the impact on primary storage and more.
Veeam Cloud Connect
Avoid the risk of catastrophic data loss in case of a site disaster through hosted backup repositories with Veeam Cloud Connect. It’s the easy, efficient way to get backups off site to a service provider through hosted offsite backup, complete visibility and control and a modern backup architecture.
Backup I/O Control
Backup I/O Control ensures your workload’s availability by reducing the impact of backup and replication jobs on production VMs running on the same storage where backed-up VMs reside by monitoring the production datastore read latency and controlling job I/O to keep the latency within user-defined, acceptable limits. This ensures availability of production workloads during the backup window without unnecessarily sacrificing backup job performance when the datastore load is low (as is often the case with legacy solutions offering static per-datastore task limits).
Self-restore portal for application owners
Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager v8 includes a new, dedicated self-service, file-level restore portal for application owners. The portal will automatically detect what VM the user logs on from, find the given VM backup, and check if the user was a member of a Local Administrators group on the given VM at the time when the backup was executed. If this is the case, the user is immediately provided with the ability to browse, search and restore files and folders from the latest restore point of this VM or select another restore point if necessary.
150+ additional enhancements
As a result of ongoing research and development efforts and in response to customer feedback, Veeam Backup & Replication v8 includes an extensive range of over 150 additional features and enhancements.
Backup Copy jobs
Best practices and common sense dictate keeping at least two copies of your backups, and new Backup Copy jobs let you implement proper backup and retention policies without requiring extra backups, copy scripts or capabilities like storage-based file replication. VM backups are automatically archived to the storage location of your choice, and validation and remediation make sure your copies are available and reliable.
Built-in WAN acceleration
Getting a copy of your backup offsite can be hard. Tapes are often difficult to manage, bandwidth is expensive and general purpose WAN accelerators are not workload-optimised. Veeam overcomes these obstacles with built-in WAN acceleration. With caching, variable-length deduplication and optimisations for transferring Veeam backups across the WAN, it¿s up to 50x faster than a standard file copy and easy to use - there are no agents to install and no network setup.
Native tape support
Get more choices for archiving backups - disk, cloud and now tape. Support for virtual tape libraries (VTLs), tape libraries and standalone drives offers the flexibility you need to take advantage of the investment and policies you¿ve already built around tape.
Backup from Storage Snapshots (VMware only)
With exclusive Veeam innovations, including the ability to leverage VMware Changed Block Tracking, you can create backups and replicas from storage snapshots as often as you like and whenever you like, from several times a day to once every 5 minutes, even during business hours. The result is near-CDP that doesn¿t impact your production environment or running VMs.
Supports HP StoreVirtual VSA, HP StoreVirtual and HP StoreServ storage products.
Virtual Lab for Hyper-V
SureBackup eliminates risk by automatically verifying the recoverability of backups, U-AIR enables quick, agent-free recovery of objects from any virtualised application, and On-Demand Sandbox creates isolated environments for testing, troubleshooting and training. Requires Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V.
Enhanced support for VMware vCloud Director
Support for vCloud Director (vCD) goes deep with integrated visibility of the vCD infrastructure in the backup console. v8 also backs up metadata and attributes associated with vApps and VMs, and enables recovery of these items and fast-provisioned VMs directly back to vCD.
Virtual Lab for replicas (VMware only)
With new SureReplica, you can automatically verify every restore point in every replica. You can also put your standby replicas and DR infrastructure resources to work with U-AIR and On-Demand Sandbox.
VMware vSphere Web Client plug-in
Monitor your backup infrastructure directly from the vSphere Web Client, VMware¿s next-generation administrative interface for vSphere. The new plug-in delivers at-a-glance and detailed views of job status and backup resources, and also simplifies capacity planning and identification of unprotected VMs.
Self-service recovery of VMs and guest files
You can now restore VMs with enhanced 1-Click Restore, and powerful new delegation options let you safely put restore in the hands of business users, resulting in faster recovery times and decreased burden on IT staff.
Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SharePoint
Offering instant visibility, advanced search capabilities, and quick recovery of individual items. Built-in e-discovery and agentless recovery mean you don't have to spend time, effort and money on expensive add-on tools for granular recovery of SharePoint items.
Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange
Support for Microsoft Exchange 2013 is included.
Veeam Backup & Replication 8 - Standard
Veeam Backup & Replication 8 - Enterprise
- Backup Copy jobs
- Native tape support - supports copying Windows files to tape
- Enhanced support for vCloud Director - provides visibility of vCD infrastructure, backup via Veeam ZIP and direct restore to vCD
- vSphere Web Client plug-in
- Full Instant File-Level Recovery for Hyper-V (Windows, Linux, et al.)
- Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Active Directory - supports single object restore
- Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange - supports Exchange mailbox item restore via save, send and PST export
- Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SQL - supports local restore of SQL database files with point-in-time transaction selection
- Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SharePoint - support SharePoint item restore via save, send and export
- End-to-end encryption - does not include lost password protection
- Task automation - supports PowerShell.
Contains all the capabilities of Veeam Backup & Replication Standard, plus:
Veeam Backup & Replication 8 - Enterprise Plus
- Native tape support - supports copying Windows files to tape with full tracking of backups and restore points
- Virtual Lab for replicas (VMware only)
- Enhanced support for vCloud Director - additionally supports scheduled incremental backup jobs of vCD VMs
- Virtual Lab for Hyper-V (backups only)
- 1-Click restore for VMs
- Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Active Directory - also includes multi-select restore and container restore
- Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange - supports restore via save, send and export, plus also supports restore to original location
- Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SQL - also includes agentless transaction log backup and replay and database restore back to original/new SQL Server
- Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SharePoint - supports restore via save, send and export, plus also supports restore to original location
- End-to-end encryption - includes lost password protection
- Backup I/O control - set the maximum acceptable I/O latency level for production datastores
- Task automation - supports PowerShell.
Contains all the capabilities of Veeam Backup & Replication Enterprise, plus:
- Built-in WAN acceleration
- Backup from Storage Snapshots (VMware only)
- Self-service recovery of VMs and guest files
- Backup I/O control - set the maximum acceptable I/O latency level for production datastores, provides setting customisation on a per datastore basis
- Task automation - supports PowerShell and RESTful API.
- Platforms - ESX(i) 5.5 - 4.x
- Platforms - Windows Server Hyper-V 2012 (through R2), Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 with Hyper-V (including core installation), Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 SP1 (free hypervisor), Windows Server 2012 with Hyper-V, Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012 (free hypervisor).