If you are currently using Visual Studio 2003, there is a special Chart FX version for you. Chart FX for .NET combines maturity and an array of features such as a fully-graphical wizard within the development environment's design surface that will allow you to plug in functionality rather than wasting time writing it from scratch.
Chart FX for .NET (Windows Forms Only) - is available to new users who wish to add dynamic visual charting to their Windows forms.
- Chart FX for .NET - Windows Forms Only is licensed Per Developer.
- Windows Forms Deployment Components are Royalty-Free for Redistribution.
Easy to Code & Integrate
Enhanced User Interface
- Wizard - When a chart is dropped into a Windows or Web Forms, the Wizard will appear and assist in creating visually stimulating, useful charts before actually getting into the code. The Wizard not only provides a great head start, but also serves as demoware to quickly demonstrate the tremendous capabilities of Chart FX.
- Tutorials & Sample Center - An interactive programmer's guide that integrates a comprehensive explanation of the different features and hundreds of samples in different languages (C# or VB.NET).
- Menus & Dialogs - Provides the end-user with an extensive method to customise a chart to their needs.
- Export Formats - Exporting in different formats, including Binary, Metafile and Bitmap.
- Personalised Charts - Changes made by an end-user to a particular chart are easily stored and applied in future sessions.
- Toolbar - Intuitive buttons serve as shortcuts for the most used features by the end-users. The toolbar can be customised to meet specific needs.
- Multiple Gallery Types - 20 different chart types, from the widely used Bar, Line, Area, Pie & Scatter, to those required by more demanding needs, such as Open-Hi-Lo-Close, Candlestick, Radar, Surface and Contour. Different galleries can be combined within the same chart.
- Grid Lines - Highly customisable horizontal and vertical grid lines, including interlaced grid lines.
- Borders - Select from standard (flat, raised, sunken, etc.) or artistic borders (embossed, embedded, riveted, etc.) for more dynamic charts.
- 2D / 3D - Most of the charts can be viewed in 2D or 3D, and rotated to specific angles and perspectives.
- Palettes & Colours - Apply desired color to almost any object of the chart or choose from predefined palettes.
- Constant Lines & Stripes - Apply color and display either horizontal or vertical. Text may be added to constant lines.
- Point Labels - Show the value of each marker. Font, color, position and angle can be changed universally or individually for each marker.
- Background Images - Add images, such as a company logo or any other preferred image, to the background of the chart.
- Customisable Legends - Series and/or points legends can be shown in different positions: stacked (customisable, left, top, right, bottom, near, center, far, spread) or floating anywhere in the chart.
- Gradients - Add gradients to the chart's main and/or inside background or to each series for an improved look.
- Multiple Axes - Supports unlimited X and Y axes.
- Smoothness - Apply smoothness to the chart, text and/or chart markers.
- Annotation Objects - Annotations, such as polygonal objects, arrows, images and text, can be added to a chart.
- Titles - Supports multiple texts for the chart and each axis. Each title can have its own font and color, for an enhanced look.
- Per-Marker Attributes - Marker attributes can be changed individually, which provides ample control over a chart's look.
- Web Forms Component - A Web Forms-enabled component is provided, to allow inserting a chart into a Web Form at design time.
- Bit Stream Directly to Browser - Allows installation in the most intricate architectures, such as web farms (server clustering), providing a high level of scalability.
- Auto Browser Detection & Response - Automatically detects the browser's capabilities and will render the best format accordingly.
- Drill-Down Capable - All rendering formats provided support linking from different chart's objects, including series, labels and legends.
- Sever Component - Allows the creation of charts on a server, which can be rendered in multiple formats including PNG, JPG, Client component (for charts that can be edited by the end-user), SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics).
Comprehensive Support Site
- API - Passes the data directly through code.
- Dataset Binding - Chart FX for .NET can read an ADO.NET dataset directly, usually called data binding. The previous version can read from ADO recordsets (equivalent to ADO.NET datasets). It can also read from other databound objects provided by .NET.
- Other Methods - XML Files, Collections, Arrays, Including Nested Arrays, Text Files.
- Searchable Knowledge base with hundreds of articles
- Hundreds of Samples online
- Latest Service Packs download
- Latest Documentation download
Chart FX for .NET includes the components required to create applications for Windows Forms and Web Forms/ASP.NET. The licensing scheme for both environments are quite different as explained below, so you must make sure you comply with the license agreement before you deploy your application.
Using Chart FX for .NET in Web Forms/ASP.NET applications.
Chart FX for .NET Web Forms/ASP.NET design-time components are licensed on a per-developer basis. The license agreement permits you to use one copy of these components on a single computer. The software is in 'use' on a computer when it is loaded into temporary memory (i.e. RAM) or installed into permanent memory (e.g. hard disk, or other storage device) of that computer. If you need to install these design-time components in more than one computer, you need to obtain an Additional Development Seat License per each additional computer.
When used in a Web Forms/ASP.NET application, Chart FX for .NET is licensed on a per-server basis for deployment, regardless the number of processors (CPU's) in that server. The basic package includes one (1) License for deployment on a Production Server. If you need to deploy Chart FX for .NET in more than one production server, you need to obtain an Additional Production Server License per each additional production server.
If you need to integrate Chart FX for .NET as part of your web application, you need to provide a Production Server License per each production server in which Chart FX for .NET is installed.
Using Chart FX for .NET in Windows Forms applications
Chart FX for .NET Windows Forms design-time components are licensed on a per-developer basis. The license agreement permits you to use one copy of these components on a single computer. The software is in 'use' on a computer when it is loaded into temporary memory (i.e. RAM) or installed into permanent memory (e.g. hard disk, or other storage device) of that computer. If you need to install these design-time components in more than one computer, you need to obtain an Additional Development Seat License per each additional computer.
Chart FX for .NET also includes Windows Forms 'Redistributable Code'.
You have a royalty-free right to distribute Chart FX for .NET Windows Forms 'Redistributable Code' if:
- You distribute only the portions of the SOFTWARE designated as 'Redistributable Code'.
- You use and distribute the 'Redistributable Code ' only in conjunction with the binary files that make use of them as a part of your software product.
- Your product(s) and application(s) must add significant and primary functionality to the SOFTWARE;
- You do not expose, document or make public the SOFTWARE API (Application Programming Interface);
- Your end users are not allowed to use the SOFTWARE for development purposes or further redistribution and deployment.
- You do not wrap or distribute the SOFTWARE in a component that can be used for development purposes on any application, tool, environment or container.
- your software product main and primary functionality must not be creating and/or displaying charts;
- You do not reverse engineer copy, duplicate or distribute the license schema that is needed to use the SOFTWARE in a design, development or runtime environment.
- You do not disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer the SOFTWARE or any portions of it;
- Your software product may not, in the reasonable opinion of Software FX, compete with a Software FX, Inc. product.
- You do not use the Software FX, Inc. or Chart FX name, logo or trademark to market your software product;
- You agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Software FX, Inc. and its suppliers from and against any and all claims or lawsuits including attorney's fees that arise or result from the use or distribution of your software product.