Beyond Compare Standard Edition [V4.0 Commercial - Perpetual Licence (100+) Per Seat - Electronic Multiple Platforms]
Our Part #: 1139816 |
delivered via Email
Beyond Compare allows you to quickly and easily compare your files and folders. By using simple, powerful commands you can focus on the differences you're interested in and ignore those you're not. You can then merge the changes, synchronise your files and generate reports for your records.
You can compare entire drives and folders at high speed, checking just sizes and modified times. Or, thoroughly verify every file with byte-by-byte comparisons. FTP sites and zip files are integrated seamlessly, so you can update your website with the touch of a button.
Once you've found specific files you're interested in, Beyond Compare can intelligently pick the best way to compare and display them. Text files can be viewed and edited with syntax highlighting and comparison rules tweaked specifically for documents, source code, and HTML. Data files, executables, binary data, and images all have dedicated viewers as well, so you always have a clear view of the changes.
Beyond Compare 4 - New Features
Mac OS X Version
At long last, Beyond Compare runs natively on Macs!
BC for Mac has all the power and functionality you've come to expect from Beyond Compare, now with native look and feel, speed, and enhancements to make it feel at home.
New Home View
The new Home View adds session search and web resources. The layout is easier to manage with on-screen controls.
3-way Folder Merge (Pro)
Three-way merging now extends to folders. Compare independent changes against a common ancestor to quickly merge your changes with someone else's. It makes merging your customisations into a new release a snap.
Ad-hoc Unimportant Text
It is now easier to define unimportant text in your Text Compares. Define unimportant terms directly from the Rules dialog, rather than having to edit your file formats.
Webdav, Amazon S3, Subversion and Dropbox support (Pro)
In addition to FTP, you can access WebDAV resources, Amazon S3 buckets, Subversion repositories, and Dropbox's cloud storage directly from within Beyond Compare. Organise your remote service profiles with friendly names and folder hierarchies.
Overhauled Picture Compare
Picture Compare has a new look, with automatic zoom, pixel-level details, and simplified controls. Tolerance comparison mode uses grayscale to reveal the image along with the differences. It's also faster, uses less memory, and supports additional image formats.
Overhauled Preferences Dialog with Search
The reorganised options dialog includes a search feature for finding specific settings quickly. Commands for all comparison types can be customised without first having to open a view.
Other Significant Features
- Hex Compare supports in-line editing and wraps lines to fit the window.
- New View Patch command shows diff/patch files as a text comparison.
- HTML folder comparison reports can now embed links to file comparisons.
- Added option to align filenames with different extensions in folder compare.
- File operations can be paused in the folder compare.
- Added new text comparison algorithm choice based on Bram Cohen's Patience Diff.
- Improved appearance on high DPI (retina) displays.
- Portable media devices such as cameras, MP3 players, and Android phones can be compared.
- 7-zip archives can be created or compared, and many other archive types have read-only support, including IMG/ISO disk images.
- Zipx archives can be compared, complete with PPMd, LZMA, WavPack, and WinZip's JPEG compression.
- Version Compare now compares the fixed PE header in addition to the version resource.
- Remote Windows servers can be loaded as base folders (e.g., \\server), allowing access to all of its shares.
The Standard Edition of Beyond Compare is a powerful, full-featured comparison tool.
The Pro Edition includes all the Standard features and adds these:
- 3-way text merging - Compares independent changes against a common ancestor to create new merged content.
- Source control integration - Adds commands for checking files in or out of SCC-compliant version control systems (Windows only).
- Built-in SFTP support - Rather than relying on third-party solutions, the Pro edition has integrated support for secure FTP protocols (SFTP and FTP over SSL).
- Text replacements - In a Text Compare session, the Pro edition lets you flag certain text replacements as unimportant differences. For example, ignore all instances where apple was replaced by orange.
- Folder Compare alignment overrides - In the Pro edition you can override how files are aligned in a Folder Compare session. For example, you could compare your .gif files on one side with .png files of the same name on the other side.
- Registry Compare - Compares live registries, both local and remote, as well as registry files (Windows only).
- 3-way folder merge - In BC4 Pro, three-way merging now supports folders as well as files.
- WebDAV, Dropbox and subversion - BC4 Pro has integrated support for WebDAV, Dropbox cloud, and subversion resources.
- Intel Pentium processor; 1 GHz or faster recommended
- 1 GB RAM; additional memory recommended for large comparisons
- 50 MB of available hard drive space
- 1024 x 768 display resolution (Using a higher DPI scaling at minimum resolution may cause certain dialogs to hide various settings.)
Supported Windows Platforms (all service packs supported unless otherwise noted):
Mac OS X
- Windows 95, 98, ME - BC version 2.5.3
- Windows NT 4.0 SP4 or later - BC version 2.5.3 & 3.3.13
- Windows 2000 - BC version 2.5.3 & 3.3.13
- Windows XP SP3 - BC version 2.5.3, 3.3.13 & 4.0+
- Windows XP x64 - BC version 2.5.3 & 3.3.13
- Windows Server 2003 (32 & 64) - BC version 2.5.3, 3.3.13 & 4.0+
- Windows Vista (32 & 64) - BC version 2.5.3, 3.3.13 & 4.0+
- Windows Server 2008 (32 & 64) - BC version 2.5.3, 3.3.13 & 4.0+
- Windows Server 2008 R2 - BC version 2.5.3, 3.3.13 & 4.0+
- Windows 7 (32 & 64) - BC version 2.5.3, 3.3.13 & 4.0+
- Windows 8.1 (32 & 64) - BC version 3.3.13 & 4.0+
- Windows Server 2012. - BC version 3.3.13 & 4.0+
- Windows Server 2012 R2 - BC version 3.3.13 & 4.0+
- Windows 10 (32 & 64) - BC version 3.3.13 & 4.0+
Linux Distribution Compatibility
- Beyond Compare 4 runs on Macintosh computers, under OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and up.
BC version 3 or 4 only
Beyond Compare does not run as a console application on Linux. It requires the X window system.
Compatible Linux distributions
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, 7
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (BC version 3 - 4.0.7)
- CentOS 6, 7
- CentOS 5 (BC version 3 - 4.0.7)
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, 14.04 LTS, 16.04 LTS
- Linux Mint 17, 18 Cinnamon and MATE editions
- Fedora 23, 24
- Debian 7, 8
Prior to version 4.1, 64-bit distributions required 32-bit compatibility libraries. Using the .deb/.rpm packages with apt-get/yum, or your distribution's associated package manager will install them automatically.
Linux distributions were each tested using the default desktop environment. Only limited technical support is provided for untested Linux distributions and desktop environments.