Alteon NG [Please Call for Pricing]
Pricing for this product is available on request. Please click the "Call me" button to request a call back.
Our Part #: 1171145 |
delivered via Email
What Does Alteon NG Do?
Alteon NG is Radware's next generation application delivery controller (ADC) and the only load balancer that guarantees application SLA. It provides advanced, end-to-end local and global load balancing capabilities for all Web, cloud and mobile based applications.
Alteon NG load balancer combines best-of-breed application delivery plus advanced services to companies with key application infrastructure challenges affecting web applications such as heavier, more complex web content; mobility and BYOD; and the migration to the cloud.
What Makes Alteon NG A Better Load Balancer?
Alteon NG is the industry-only application delivery controller built from the ground up to ensure application SLA. Alteon NG innovatively leverages several next-generation services that are not available in any other ADC on the market, bundling FastView Web Performance Optimisation (WPO), Application Performance Monitoring (APM), AppWall Web Application Firewall (WAF), Authentication Gateway, Advanced Denial of Service (ADoS), ITM / bandwidth management as well as maximum SSL and compression capacities. Unlike a standard, legacy load balancer that's based on a best-effort approach, it provides full application SLA assurance through reserving resources per application, allowing adding new services without performance penalty, real-user monitoring, best-in-class application acceleration features and innovative security offering.
Alteon NG load balancer is architecturally designed to ensure application SLA with:
Application SLA Assurance
Complete fault isolation, vADC per application and service, and the ability to scale up or scale out while maintaining performance with ADC-VX, Alteon Virtual Appliance (VA), Alteon VA for NFV and Alteon VA for cloud environment form factors
Application SLA Monitoring
Real-time monitoring, proactive SLA management and assurance with agent-less application performance monitoring (APM)
Web Performance Optimisation
Accelerated web page performance for any end-user device and any browser up to 40% with FastView web performance optimisation
Layered Security Architecture
Protection for applications and infrastructure against cyber-attacks, with accurate attack detection and DoS signaling, in the perimeter or the cloud through attack mitigation systems (AMS)
Advanced Multi-Homing and Enterprise Gateway Capabilities
Guarantee enterprise Web applications service levels and ensure they are connected to the Internet at all times with LinkProof NG module
Application specific optimised configuration guides and configuration templates with automation and reports through AppShape
Alteon NG lets you reduce deployment time of application delivery services by 86% via wizards and configuration templates with AppShape and customisation through AppShape++ scripts (and routing rules).
Alteon Virtual Appliance (VA) is a fully-featured Alteon application switch packaged as a virtual appliance running on server virtualisation infrastructure, providing identical functionality to Alteon physical application delivery controllers for network load balancing. enables enterprises running cloud and virtual server infrastructures to assure high application SLA leveraging advanced enterprise functionality such as L3-7 load balancing, traffic steering, integrated application performance monitoring (APM) and web performance optimisation (WPO).
Application Delivery Networking and SSL Offloading
Alteon NG enables application delivery networking by providing safe and efficient distribution of business-critical applications across your company's network. Alteon NG is well suited for environments with growing SSL offloading needs.
Separate vADC per Application/Service
- Complete isolation between virtual ADC (vADC) instances at the network, fault and configuration levels
- Full resource reservation
- Next-generation services can be enabled without impacting the performance of other service applications
Smart Health Monitoring and Failure Detection
- Quickly identifies failures at any point along the application or transaction path and reacts proactively
- Hundreds of pre-defined health checks are instantly accessible (after installation), ensuring quick server/application availability and lowering total cost of ownership
- Prevents application session disruptions
- Ensures transaction completion
Application Modification Services
- HTTP Modifications
- SIP FlexiRules
Device Redundancy: Active-Active, Active-Backup or Active-Standby
- Prevents the introduction of a single point of failure
- Seamless device redundancy with VRRP support
- Protects hardware investment and lowers total cost of ownership
Real-Time Traffic Redirection
- Automatically redirects traffic to best available instances, servers and farms in the data center or between redundant sites for optimal user experience
- Optimises the use of existing applications and server resources and cost effectively scales resources, fully protecting server investment
- IPv6 network support
Global Load Balancing
- Guarantees transaction completion and fast response times across multiple data centers to support business continuity and disaster recovery plans
Faster Web Application Response Time
- FastView™ web performance optimisation – integrating the most advanced Web acceleration technology in the industry
- Optimised acceleration per any browser and end-user device
- Up to 40% response time reduction for increased conversion rates, revenues and productivity
- Reduced total transferred content size through content compression
Optimised IT Infrastructure Through Server Offloading
- Secure Socket Layer SSL offloading
- TCP connections multiplexing
- Content caching - for both static and dynamic content - both at the browser and on the ADC, servicing user requests faster.
Bandwidth Management and Traffic-Shaping Capabilities
- Aligns bandwidth usage to meet business objectives
- Provides administrators with the necessary tools to streamline enforcement of bandwidth management policies
- Guarantees bandwidth allocation for latency-sensitive and mission-critical applications, as well as premium users, through the use of QoS algorithms
Application Performance Monitoring (APM)
- Real-time tracking of application SLA
- Measure real user transactions including errors
- Out-of-the-box solution, embedded with the ADC, no scripting nor installations.
- Tracking SLA by location, user, application and transaction type
ADC Infrastructure and Application Visibility
- Real-time management dashboard which continuously monitors and displays application delivery networking services & system status, network and application performance & faults and more - allowing fast, efficient incident resolution
- Cross-ADC historical reports delivering better capacity planning across the entire ADC infrastructure
- Drilldown-able reports enabling efficient ADC infrastructure utilisation trend analysis
Unique Attack Mitigation Architecture
- Accurate attack detection – based on traffic parameters (bandwidth, PPS, CPS, CEC) and ADC health parameters (CPU utilisation, network tables capacity)
- Signaling attack information to Radware DefensePipe cloud service and Radware DefensePro data center attack mitigator
- Efficient attack mitigation at the most appropriate location – including network perimeter and in the cloud
A DoS Based Signature Technology
- Real-time network attack prevention protecting application infrastructure against network & application downtime, application vulnerability exploitation, malware spread, information theft and more
- Protects against known and emerging network attacks
Best Application Security Protection Solution
- Ensures SLA through resource reservation and fault isolation for WAF services
- Seamless scalability and provisioning AppWall modules
- Best security coverage - covering over 150 different attack vectors
- Continuous attack visibility through advanced security graphical reports
- Risk Free Implementation – with out-of-path and inline deployment modes
- Easy to maintain throughout the application lifecycle - auto-detection of web application changes
- Lowest false positive and false negative rates
- Shortest time to protection
Safer, simpler application access security through Alteon's integrated Authentication Gateway
- Simplify user experience through automatic authentication and login transactions detection
- Refine security policies with geo-location and/or role based context
- Seamlessly collect accounting and auditing
- Application delivery networking performance leadership at all throughput levels
- State-of-the-art hardware architecture
On-Demand Throughput and Service Scalability
- On demand scaling up - adding more throughput, services and vADCs with no hardware modifications
- On demand scaling out-of-the-box – by leveraging external, extensible resource pool (such as server infrastructure) for computational intensive NG services
Best Investment Protection
- Eliminates forklift upgrades – project costs associated with testing, staging, reinstalling and debugging are removed
- Hassle-free upgrade – configuration changes are not required during upgrade, resulting in no downtime
- Extends project life span – use of same platform significantly lowers total cost of ownership
Operational Simplicity and Manageability
- Simplified application operation with AppShape technology which allows to manage the ADC from an application viewpoint
- Pre-defined ADC configuration templates for fast application roll-out and optimised application performance
- Out of the box application specific reports, logging and compliance
- Separate vADC per Application approach enabling fast, simple application provisioning using the same ADC hardware
- Centralised management of up to 1000 ADC services with APSolute Vision
Layer 4-7 Programmability
- Minimise application changes while enabling flexible per application traffic redirection and content modification through AppShape++ user defined scripts
- Script library for per application extended functionality scripts, enabling fast and optimised script deployment based on product expert validated scripts
Radware's Alteon NG ADC platforms provide SSL acceleration, compression and caching. The advantage of SSL acceleration is to help alleviate the encryption and decryption process which often places a great deal of strain on servers.
Radware's Application Delivery Platforms
Radware's Alteon Application Delivery Controller (ADC) is powered by state-of-the-art, custom-designed hardware platforms and offers the widest throughput range in the industry, from 200Mbps to 80Gbps.
Thanks to Radware's OnDemand strategy, each Alteon platform covers multiple throughput levels and the entire throughput spectrum is covered with a minimal set of platforms. This helps organisations standardise their hardware solutions and reduce OPEX of spare parts and inventory. In addition, the Alteon ADC solution offers performance leadership at every throughput level with its unique software architecture and powerful platforms hardware.
Alteon series 5, 6 and series 10 platforms support ADC virtualisation with the highest vADC density in the industry, allowing organisations to consolidate their legacy ADC devices and to adopt a deployment model of vADC per application. Only Radware's Alteon ADC virtualisation solution starts at 1Gbps and ranges up to 80Gbps, enabling consolidation and virtualisation of any application in the organisation.
Radware's load balancers enable consolidation, virtualisation and combine the benefits of both hardware and load balancing software for a customisable, powerful organisational solution. Radware load balancers and load balancing software products help you efficiently manage your network, protect it from outside attacks and improve performance.
Summary of Radware's Alteon NG ADC Platforms
Alteon NG 4408
Alteon NG 5224
Alteon NG 5208
Alteon NG 6420
Alteon NG 8420