Lync for Mac 2011 works together with Microsoft Lync Server or Microsoft Lync Online to provide instant messaging, real-time presence information, desktop sharing and conferencing and voice capabilities for Mac users. With Lync for Mac you can easily use different communication methods to best fit the discussion. Jump from an instant message conversation into an audio or video call and share your desktop, invite additional users to the call and send file attachments - all through the intuitive Lync for Mac user interface.
Lync for Mac is included in Office for Mac Standard 2011 which can be purchased through Microsoft Volume Licensing and is also available separately.
Minimum requirements for installing Lync for Mac 2011
Minimum requirements for audio/video and desktop sharing
- Processor - Intel only
- Operating system - Mac OS X v10.5.8 (Leopard) or later, including Mac OS X v10.6 (Snow Leopard) and Mac OS X v10.7 (Lion)
- Display - Super VGA 1280x800
- Other - Safari 5 or Firefox 5 for Meeting Join, Office for Mac 2011 for new integration features.
- Memory - 1 GB of RAM or more
- Voice - Compatible microphone and speakers, headset with microphone or equivalent device - e.g. built-in Apple iSight webcam
- Video - Compatible webcam - e.g. built-in Apple iSight webcam
- Internet connection - Broadband
Lync for Mac 2011 is fully compatible with Lync Server 2010 and Lync Online. Some features will not be fully functional with Lync Online including Voice options.
Lync for Mac does not work with Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 or earlier versions.