YouTrack is a web based issue tracker that accepts a command-line like syntax for searching for, and updating, issues. With its simple to use interface and support for a wide range of keyboard shortcuts, users can search for and add issues quickly. The powerful search query syntax can return practically any combination of issues, for example to search for all critical issues assigned to an individual you would type 'for: (assignee) priority: critical' or for all issues you added today: '#my #issues created: today'. YouTrack issues themselves can hold a variety of data, custom attributes and tags, support user comments, user voting and more. Deployable as a JAR, EXE or WAR file, YouTrack can be run as a standalone Java process or on a range of Java application servers including Apache Tomcat 6+, Apache Geronimo, Mortbay Jetty, Caucho Resin, Glassfish and JBoss 4+.
YouTrack 7.0 Features
- Enhanced Agile Board
- Gantt Chart
- Enhanced Backlog management
- Real-time updates
- Project templates
- Mutliple shareable Dashboards
- SAML 2.0 support
- Password Strength policy
- Permission management
- Delete user profiles
- Issue link preview in messages
Introducing the live Dashboard with all the information you need to drive your development process, plus 17 brand new reports to help you analyse and monitor your team tasks and progress.
Stay on top of the top of your project and team activities with the brand new live Dashboard. Add various widgets to your Dashboard, such as reports, top issues and quick notes, and drag them around to organise everything just the way you want!
Tons of New Reports
Track, manage and analyse your projects and teams activities more effectively with 17 new reports. The reports come in four different types: Issue Distribution, Timeline Reports, Time Management, and State Transition. Each type of report provides a unique slice of your projects, tasks and issues data. Share your reports with your team or the whole company. Clone any report to tweak it or create a similar one.
More New Features
- Timeline Reports - Create Timeline reports to track dynamic changes in your projects and issues during a certain time period. Resolution time and Average issue age reports will help you track your progress over time.
- Issue Distribution Reports - Use Issue Distribution reports to get an idea of how your issues are distributed by projects, assignees, priority, states and subsystems, fix versions and so on.
- Time Report - Time report shows the total time your team spent on different activities during some iteration, and compares it with the original estimation.
- State Transition Reports - Track changes between particular states with State Transition reports. For example, you can create a report that shows how many issues have been Verified or Reopened this month.
- AND in Search Queries - You can now use the AND operator to search for several values within a single field or attribute. You can also use parentheses in search queries to combine multiple search expressions. For example, search for multiple tags: tag today and tag test
- Multiple Drafts - Create and manage as many drafts as you want! Your list of drafts is available from the New Issue form. Simply select the one that you want to report this time. You can also edit several drafts simultaneously.
- Customisable Shortcuts - Now you can customise the list of YouTrack shortcuts both for the Issues List and Agile Board. This can be vital if your system shortcuts conflict with those used in YouTrack. Shortcuts customization is available on the server level.
- New Image Editor - We’ve replaced the old screenshot applet with a built-in Image Editor. Take a screenshot, upload it into the Image Editor and tweak it on the spot: crop, add highlights, add text, or blur any areas that you don’t want others to see.
- Redesigned User Management - We have completely reworked and redesigned user management in YouTrack. With the new way of managing users, groups and permissions, as well as an enhanced authorisation module, you will be able to configure and manage everything easier and faster.
- Redesigned Full Issue Screen - To improve your user experience and save you more time, we’ve re-thought the way you work with issue details, plus we’ve fine-tuned issue details presentation.