GFI MailEssentials UnifiedProtection [Commercial - Subscription Licence (1-Year) (250-2999) Per Mailbox - Electronic *Non-Returnable* Windows]
Published By: GFI
Our Part #: 1163742 |
delivered via Email
GFI MailEssentials helps protect your organisation against spam and email-based virus and phishing attacks. GFI MailEssentials is available in three editions: GFI MailEssentials Antispam Edition (formerly GFI MailEssentials) prevents spam and phishing attacks, GFI MailEssentials EmailSecurity Edition (formerly GFI MailSecurity) provides anti-virus protection and GFI MailEssentials UnifiedProtection Edition (formerly GFI MailDefense Suite) provides both anti-spam and anti-virus protection.
MailEssentials integrates seamlessly with Microsoft Exchange Server and it installs on the Exchange SMTP without requiring gateway configuration. It also works with Lotus Domino and other popular SMTP/POP3 servers via the SMTP protocol.
What's new in GFI MailEssentials 2015?
Award-winning GFI MailEssentials continues to improve, this time focusing on the management aspect but still giving users top virus and spam protection. This new release includes:
- Synchronized configuration settings across different GFI MailEssentials servers enabling you to control your day to day tasks from one console.
- Access a centralized Quarantine across different GFI MailEssentials servers which lets you view and search for quarantined emails from the same view.
- Centralized Reporting across different GFI MailEssentials servers enables you to generate reports on the entire mail flow of your network.
- Cascading GFI MailEssentials servers will now not scan approved emails, if they are joined to the multi-server network.
- Replaced blocklist/whitelist/autowhitelist to use SQL Compact database engine for much more scalable and powerful lists.
What's new in GFI MailEssentials 2014?
- New revamped automatic updates system for product updates so that your GFI MailEssentials server is up to date with latest security updates.
- SpamTag for Microsoft Outlook - A Microsoft Outlook addon which allows users to tag spam emails from within their Outlook. The aim of this feature is to put control in the hands of the user and allow him to manage his own emails. The user has the ability to mark emails from specific senders as 'spam' or 'not spam', which in turn allows GFI MailEssentials to continually filter out spam emails more accurately than ever before. This feature is available optionally, with the email administrator having the control to decide whether to grant access to his users.
- IP Blocklist Anti-spam Plugin - Lets email admins update GFI MailEssentials with the IP Addresses of 'spammy', compromised or malicious smtp servers so that emails originating from these servers are deleted or quarantined.
- Updated Web interface - An updated, unified view of the GFI MailEssentials web interface that allows users to manage and configure list servers, disclaimers and auto replies direct from a central, easy to understand web dashboard.
- Polish language - GFI MailEssentials is now available in Polish.
GFI MailEssentials - Antispam Edition
Anti-spam solution with a spam detection rate of over 99%.
GFI MailEssentials - EmailSecurity Edition
- Over 12 spam capture techniques - including SpamRazer, Bayesian filtering, greylisting, anti-phishing, header analysis and keyword checking, IP reputation filtering, custom whitelists/blocklists and more.
- Server-based anti-spam and anti-phishing - install on the mail server or at the gateway, eliminating the need for desktop-based solutions.
- SpamRazer - benefit from regularly updated, out-of-the-box filtering with a low rate of false positives.
- Greylisting - used to identify and block spam emails originating from non-RFC compliant mail servers (which are often utilised by spammers).
- Bayesian filtering technology - uses an advanced mathematical formula and a dataset which is ¿custom-created¿ for your installation to block spam. The dataset is unique to your company, making it impossible to bypass.
- Whitelist management - ensure that mail from particular senders or domains are never flagged as spam.
- Quarantine - the administrator can select to quarantine spam emails. Users can receive a digest of their spam emails and approve them as required.
- Phishing protection - anti-phishing module detects and blocks threats posed by phishing emails by comparing the content of the spam with a constantly updated database of phishing URLs.
- Support for the sender policy framework - The GFI Sender Policy Framework module automatically checks whether the mail from a particular company was actually sent by its registered mail servers.
Server-based email security with support for up to 5 virus scanners.
GFI MailEssentials - UnifiedProtection Edition
- VIPRE and Bitdefender virus engines included - EmailSecurity Edition is bundled with the VIPRE virus engine and the Bitdefender virus engine for detection of viruses. VIPRE utilises an advanced technology stack to perform high-speed threat scanning in a short period of time. BitDefender is a very fast and flexible award-winning antivirus engine that can recognise and scan a strikingly wide range of formats.
- Kaspersky, McAfee and Norman (optional) - add the Kaspersky, McAfee and/or Norman antivirus engines as an additional antivirus engine.
- Trojan and executable analyser - the trojan and executable scanner detects unknown malicious executables (for example, trojans) by analysing what an executable does.
- Spyware detection - identify malicious files including spyware and adware.
- Attachment checking - the attachment checking rules enable administrators to quarantine attachments based on user and file type. Also scan for information leaks, for example, an employee emailing a database. You can also choose to delete attachments like .MP3 or .mpg files.
- Automatic HTML script removal - checks for script code in the body of an email message and disables these commands before sending the cleaned email on.
- User-based policies - configure rule sets based on user and keywords that allow you to quarantine potentially dangerous content for administrator approval.
- Web-based configuration for remote management - web-based configuration allows you to configure and monitor the product as well as to manage quarantined emails remotely from any computer with a browser.
Combines both the Antispam Edition and EmailSecurity Edition into one product.
- Processor: minimum 1Ghz, recommended 2Ghz with multiple cores
- RAM: minimum 1.2GB, recommended 1.5GB
- Disk space: minimum 6GB, recommended 10GB.
- Windows Server 2003 (x86/x64) or later
- Microsoft IIS SMTP service or Exchange Server 2003/2007/2010/2013 (SP1 or later for Exchange 2007)
- Microsoft IIS World Wide Web service
- Microsoft Messaging Queuing Service (MSMQ)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4/4.5
- ASP.NET & Windows Authentication role services when installing on Windows Server 2008
- Microsoft SQL Server/Microsoft SQL Server Express (free) is suggested for the Reporting engine database for installs with more than 100 mailboxes.