GFI FaxMaker is a fax server that allows users to send and receive faxes and SMS/text messages directly from their email client. GFI FaxMaker can save each fax digitally for easier finding and filing and it reduces the time spent sending, collecting and distributing faxes. It supports Fax over IP (FoIP) and integrates with IP-enabled PABXs, and Brooktrout's SR 140 technology to send faxes over an IP Telephony Network. New in FaxMaker 2013 is support for fax services - either GFI Online Fax Services or etherFAX. With a fax service there's no need for phone lines or expensive fax boards.
No burden on the administrator
GFI FaxMaker is easy to install, requires little maintenance and integrates with existing messaging clients and customised solutions.
Seamless integration with existing business processes
GFI FaxMaker integrates with your mail server, allowing users to send and receive faxes and SMS/text messages using their email client. The company can also search for and back up all faxes in the same way as emails are stored and retrieved on the network.
Active Directory integration reduces administration
GFI FaxMaker for Exchange/SMTP/Lotus was designed from the ground up to minimise its administration. It integrates with Active Directory and therefore does not require the administration of a separate fax user database. User-related settings can be applied to Windows users or groups directly.
Supports Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Domino and other SMTP servers
GFI FaxMaker integrates with Exchange Server via a standard Exchange SMTP connector. There are no schema updates to Active Directory. This makes GFI FaxMaker scalable and indifferent to new Exchange service packs and versions. GFI FaxMaker can be installed on the Exchange server or on a separate machine, in which case no software has to be installed on the Exchange server itself! GFI FaxMaker also integrates with Lotus Domino and other popular SMTP servers.
Send a fax from any application
To send a fax, users print from their word processor to the GFI FaxMaker printer, or create a new message in their email client (for example, Outlook or Outlook Web Access).
Fax over IP (FOIP) support
With the optional Brooktrout SR140 host based module or TE-SYSTEMS' XCAPI, GFI FaxMaker integrates with your existing IP PBX or with T.38 SIP providers to offer Fax over IP (FOIP) without any additional hardware requirements.
Automated fax delivery/inbound fax routing
GFI FaxMaker can automatically route incoming faxes to the user¿s mailbox or to a particular printer based on a DID/DDI/DTMF number or the line on which the fax was received. Faxes can also be forwarded to a public folder or assigned to a network printer per installed fax port.
- Web-based GFI FaxMaker Client component that allows users to securely send faxes from their browser of choice.
- Web-based reporting engine that enables administrators to run detailed reports on their FAX usage, allowing them to filter down by users, lines, time, numbers, status and more. GFI FaxMaker has a new export feature allowing for flexibility in reporting and analysis.
- Support for GFI Directory for networks that do not run Active Directory. The GFI Directory also increases the scalability and user import abilities for non-Active Directory environments.
- Industry-grade archiving, auditing and search capabilities through integration with GFI Archiver (licensed separately). This will help IT administrators to achieve compliance in highly-regulated industries.
- Added support for new Dialogic Brooktrout drivers that will enable use of low profile fax cards for smaller physical servers.
- SMS/texting gateway allows users to send SMS/text messages from their desktop
- Multiply the value of GFI FaxMaker with powerful reporting through the integrated ReportPack
- Supports multiple mail servers and clustering
- Native ISDN support
- Archive faxes to GFI MailArchiver, to SQL, or another archiving solution
- OCR module supports over 115 western languages
- Assists with HIPAA compliance
- Support for fax class 2.1
- Supports Outlook contacts
- And much more!
The product is licensed for installation on one GFI FAXmaker Server and includes four fax lines on that GFI FAXmaker Server. The product is then licensed by User. The first year of support is included in the product license price and support renewals are available in 1, 2 or 3 year terms. Renewal of the Software Maintenance Agreement (SMA) is recommended and includes updates to new releases, patches, web chat, email support, phone support and access to GFI's electronic knowledge base and forums.
The unlimited licence supports an unlimited number of units for a single company. The company does not include subsidiaries or companies acquired after the date of initial licence of the main product.
- Unlimited users - all employees of the company.
- Unlimited lines - is unlimited to one (1) GFI FAXmaker server. It is not unlimited by company.
- Unlimited GFI FAXmaker servers - unlimited fax servers at a company.
A product version upgrade is required when you want a new version of the product and do not currently have SMA. There is a 30 day grace period from date of SMA expiration before a product version upgrade is required.
There is a no-returns policy on all GFI products.