InstallAnywhere 2015 gives software developers a quick and easy way to author professional, reliable software installations for multiple platforms. With InstallAnywhere you can save time by creating a single project file that generates installations of your application for the platforms you target.
What’s New in InstallAnywhere 2014
Virtualisation and the cloud continue to deliver a myriad benefits for both application producers and their customers. To accommodate both existing and emerging environments, producers must continue to support the physical configurations that customers still need and want, while delivering applications as cloud-based offerings.
Simplify Deployment of Web/Server Applications - Traditional, Virtual and Cloud Infrastructures
Support for the Latest Versions of Windows, Apple, Linux, and Virtual Appliances
- Easier Application Upgrades - Simplify development and installation of upgrades with a new standard framework that automatically detects and removes prior versions of your application (Premier and Premier with Cloud Pack Editions)
- Streamline Installs to MySQL - Simplify development of installations for multi-tier or Web/server applications by easily adding databases and supporting panels when deploying to the latest versions of MySQL. (Premier and Premier with Cloud Pack Editions)
- Built-In Efficiency - Use new built-in panels that give your end users even more flexibility by supporting easier deployment of WAR files to local or remote Apache Tomcat 6, 7, and 8 servers. (Premier, Premier with Cloud Pack, and Professional Editions).
- Apple - Support for Apple OS X Mountain Lion (10.8), Apple OS X Mavericks (10.9), plus Java 8 support for OS X (Premier, Premier with Cloud Pack, and Professional Editions)
- Microsoft Windows - Support for Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Premier, Premier with Cloud Pack, and Professional Editions)
- IBM - Support for IBM SUSE Linux 11.3, Ubuntu 12.04, Solaris 11 Sparc, HP-UX 11i, AIX 7.1, IBM i5/OS, z/OS (Premier, Premier with Cloud Pack, and Professional Editions)
- Red Hat - Support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and Fedora 16 (Premier, Premier with Cloud Pack, and Professional Editions).
One Project, Every Platform
InstallAnywhere lets you build a single project that can create installations that successfully install your software on all the platforms (and in the languages) you target. All you do is select the platforms you want and InstallAnywhere does the rest.
You Don't Have to Be an Expert on Every Platform
Platforms like Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, Linux, i5/OS, Mac OS X, and Windows each have their own complex installation requirements. With InstallAnywhere, you don't have to learn any of them. It handles all the requirements for you.
Get Products to Market Faster
InstallAnywhere includes automated tools and wizard-driven development that save you significant time, speeding you through the installation authoring process, so you can bring your software to market faster.
Provide a Favourable Installation Experience
Installation is your customers' first impression of your product. Make it a great one with InstallAnywhere. You can use custom graphics, animation, and transparent images to create an installation experience that matches your software's branding.
Reduce Support Costs
InstallAnywhere helps keep costs down during and after development. In addition to simplifying documentation and accelerating the QA process, InstallAnywhere reduces your support costs by helping eliminate end-user installation problems.
Multilingual Support for a Global Market
Software is a global business, and InstallAnywhere¿s language support makes it easy for you to target customers around the world. InstallAnywhere lets you build one installation that can present text in over 30 languages, depending on the target system's native language.
InstallAnywhere Professional Edition (formerly InstallAnywhere Standard)
InstallAnywhere Premier Edition (formerly InstallAnywhere Enterprise)
- A single project can install your software on multiple platforms
- Enable users to add or remove product features or fix corrupted files
- Restore the system to its original state if the user cancels installation or there is a fatal error during installation
- Offers a number of actions that allow you to perform platform-specific tasks
- Detect source duplication at a file level and only bundle one copy of the source, reducing the footprint of your installations, cutting download time for end users, and lowering CD/DVD costs for larger installations
- Create installations that are Section 508-compliant with support for screen readers, high contrast, and mnemonics.
InstallAnywhere Premier contains all the features of InstallAnywhere Professional, plus:
InstallAnywhere Cloud Pack
- Silent, console and GUI installations - support for a wide range of deployment scenarios - silently, via console or through graphical wizards
- Multilingual runtime support - present installation text in up to 31 different languages
- Automation interface - leverage automation scripts to edit, build and test installations via Java APIs
- Merge modules - reuse shared code for importing dialog panels and installation actions into a master project. Actions and panels imported from a Merge Module will be automatically refreshed when you load or build the master installation
- Limit the number of times that users can install your applications
- Easily add advanced functionality to your custom code actions
- Tightly control the position, font, and colour settings for labels and fields in end-user installation panels.
Create both traditional on-premises installers and virtual appliances - all from a single InstallAnywhere project file. Give your customers the ability to install your products in their environment of choice. Easily create cloud-ready images and enterprise-ready virtual appliances that require no technical expertise by you or your customers to install. Cloud Pack requires InstallAnywhere Premier.
A silver maintenance plan includes:
- Automatic notification of, and access to, all product updates (free) and upgrades (chargeable for non-Maintenance-Plan-holders) for 12 months (with at least one chargeable upgrade guaranteed)
- A Maintenance Plan Card detailing all benefits and plan specifics
- 24 x 7 access to Knowledge Base
- 24 x 7 access to product Web Communities
- Sample Code, Sample Projects, and White Papers
- Technical Webinars / Online Product Demonstrations
- Unlimited Web-based requests using eService
- Unlimited telephone support requests.
In addition to all the above, a gold maintenance plan includes:
- Access to priority support channels for quickest service
- Priority involvement in Beta Programmes.