Desktop Authority centralises control over the desktop, combining into one comprehensive solution the functionality usually achieved with a combination of logon scripting, group policies, user profiles, and a variety of security solutions. By integrating configuration, inventory, reporting, patch management, anti-spyware, device lockdown, power management and remote management into a single solution, administrators can efficiently and effectively manage the desktop environment from one console, lowering the total cost of desktop ownership
Desktop Authority Standard Edition is the right choice if you need user environment management functionality to complement your existing client management solution.
- Real-time Targeting Engine: Desktop Authority tailors settings and configurations by user, computer, network address or dozens of other criteria using its patented Validation Logic targeting engine. This simplifies initial provisioning and environment setup, enforces user access policies, automatically updates configurations and settings and more.
- User Environment Configuration: Desktop Authority configures access to company resources, manages security settings, configures Outlook profiles and Office settings, customises registry settings and more.
- Windows Environment Management: Desktop Authority takes control of the Windows environment by deploying software and service packs, controlling power schemes and inactivity settings and tracking hardware and software.
- Device Security: Desktop Authority prevents security problems where they¿re most likely to occur: at the desktop. Set security policies, manage the firewall, lock inactive computers and manage browser security and privacy settings for machines, applications and data.
- Remote User Support: Desktop Authority¿s ExpertAssist remote management system allows you to manage more than 40 computer tasks without interrupting the user, including accessing system information, controlling processes, running remote command-line commands, copying files and more.
Desktop Authority Professional is the right choice for companies with limited IT infrastructure. It includes not only all the functionality of Desktop Authority Standard, but full software deployment, hardware and software inventory and remote support functionality as well.
Desktop Authority Essentials is ideal if you need user environment management but already have an IT infrastructure that includes Microsoft SCCM or other inventory and deployment software. It provides all core capabilities for targeting, configuring and managing the user environment. Desktop Authority Essentials does not include application deployment, patching, inventory, remote user support, auditing, and the optional components offered below.
Both Desktop Authority Standard and Desktop Authority Professional can be enhanced through these advanced management and security options:
- Patching for desktops and servers: Keep operating systems as well as Microsoft and third party applications patched and up to date.
- Removable storage management: Prevent users from copying sensitive data to thumb drives, MP3 players or other forms of removable storage.